Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (Escom) on Saturday effected an emergency load shedding across Malawi as divers tried to the body of the power utility’s employee who had drowned at Nkula A pool.
Escom spokesperson Kitty Chingota confirmed the drowning of the employee and the emergency load shedding.
“The emergency load shedding was indeed effected to enable divers recover the body,” she said.
She however could not disclose the identity of the employee saying the company was yet to inform his next of kin of the death.
However she said he drowned whilst on duty.
In Nsanje, a 37 year old lines man for Escom has been electrocuted to death.
Police in Nsanje said George Mamawa died on Sunday after touching a live wire without protective gear, gloves.
This is the second incident this year that Escom employee has died through electrocution.
Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :