Blantyre derby raised K26.8 m: Bullets, Wanderers pocketed K5.6 m each

The Blantyre derby encounter involving Mighty Be Forward Wanderers and Big Bullets on Saturday in the elite TNM Super League at Kamuzu Stadium before a good patronage raised K26.8 million gross.

Gate crashers making their move to sneak into the stadium during Blantyre derby-.Photo-Jeromy-Kadewere

A fan managed to sneak through the stadium, beating the paying system ...Photo Jeromy Kadewere

He dislocated his leg when trying to gate crash.-Photo Jeromy Kadewer

He dislocated his leg when trying to gate crash.-Photo Jeromy Kadewer

Bullets silenced their noisy neibhours Wanderers 2-1, in an exciting encounter.

Super League of Malawi purse keeper, Tiya Somba Banda disclosed that the game raised K26, 817,705.

Banda said that each club pocketed K5, 605,178.91, while the same amount which the clubs received was paid for ground levy.

Football Association of Malawi and Super League of Malawi received   K2, 242,071.56 each, while the police were given K591, 500.

Cashiers and supervisors were paid K883, 000, while Stewarts received K622, 000.00.

The Red Cross people were given K80, 000, as Sports Council pocketed K1, 121, 035, 78.

The ball boys received K5000.00.

Banda described the money which was raised during the game as a huge step in the right direction.

“This is encouraging and the Blantyre derby has lived to its billing. Magic on the pitch and money in the bank. A record K26.8 million realised from the gates. Now we are talking the language,” said the Sulom treasurer.

18 thoughts on “Blantyre derby raised K26.8 m: Bullets, Wanderers pocketed K5.6 m each”

1. Mapwiya Mulupale says:

My Bullets all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy……..

2. Rigobert says:

K26,817,705. Where z this 5 kwacha coming from? I heard it was a game of thousands. I smell a rotten rat somewhere, aren’t you?

3. Senior Citizen says:

Kma ndalama zikuchuluka kopita asaaa

4. Sponono 500 Powers says:

My blved Manoma

5. gloria says:

I love Bullets congrads all they best guys

6. Che Wanimiliyoni says:

Wow K26 million that was great. But sorry to my Bullets and Wanderers fans for you may only have one such derby to watch before Kamuzu stadium is either demolished or undergoes major renovations and expansion, so all of your games will be played in Lilongwe. Oh how I wish Bingu was alive. If it will take almost 4 years for a well funded Chinese stadium to be completed it will surely take 10 or so years for a Malawi govt funded stadium to be completed in Blantyre. So during those 10 years our Lilongwe counterparts will be enjoying these mouth-watering Blantyre derbies. I’ll not blame Bullets and Nomads if they start arrangements for relocating to Lilongwe. Didn’t I hear FISD Wizards is also about to relocate to Lilongwe? Cry my beloved Blantyre City!

7. musova says:

Stupid sulom and fam

8. Totolitotoli says:

Keep it Bullets my team!,my favourite!my choice!

9. my right to speak! says:

Ball boys Mk5000? smh

10. odandaula says:

K705.00 yachoka kuti poti game inali ya K1000.00 pa gate

11. SOOTH SAYER! says:

MPIRA ULIBE PHINDU! OGWIRA NTCHITO ENA, ODYERERA ENA! MPAVA!

12. ZZ Junior says:

From the look of things Ground Levy seems to be a percentage of some sort. If this is the case then I totally disagree with the format. I bet if the charge was fixed, it wouldn’t have been as high as 6million, therefore, I ask that the charge should be fixed that way Big Teams stand to benefit from their sweat.

13. Child labour. Those young ball boys were on wages as well? Shaaaaa

14. Sulom, FAM what role do you play in football? is it bcoz u release fixtures? that job can be done by teachers bcz they knw how to formulate a timetable. apolisi mumawapatsa ndalama zochuluka, amalowesa anthu kumenekuja and were pocketing something. that game wud have collected alot of money but purse keepers are thieves…pali zambiri zomwe nnaziona..kumalawi mpira suzatukuka. nyamilandu pomakakamira ka chi 4 akudziwa muli kudya mumpira….they hv a syndicate..

15. Bon Kapinda says:

26, 817, 705? How do you reconcile the seven hundred and five kwacha at the end when the minimum fee was one thousand kwacha? We’re there any special discounts that some were even paying their entry in hundreds?

16. Chandiona says:

Thou shall not steal! Ground levy 5.6 million? Fam/Sulom combined…4.4 million (Ground levy plus Fam/Sulom equals 10 million out of 26 million.) Abale, this is worse than slavery….daylight robbery! You football Administrators are thieves of the highest order. This sucks!

17. Chikopa says:

Sulom, fam, sport council, groung levy ndiye pasala chani? Ground levy kulandila yofanana ndi ma team shaaaaa

18. Banda says:

Kudyera ma team shame on you sulom and Fam. Something must be done the sharing format is not benefiting teams and players who sweat on the pitch. You suck