Bullets coach overlooks Burundian role in title win

Bullets plays throw up their coach  Kananji in celebration.-Photo by Jeromy Kadewere, Nyasa Times

Bullets plays throw up their coach Kananji in celebration.-Photo by Jeromy Kadewere, Nyasa Times

Msungama: Ramadhan helped Bullets win title

Msungama: Ramadhan helped Bullets win title

Ramadhan:  Played a role

Ramadhan: Played a role

Champions! Big Bullets

Champions! Big Bullets

The cold war between Bullets coach Elia Kananji and tactician Nsazwarwimo Ramadhan took a new twist after the coach failed to acknowledge the role the Burundian played in helping the team to first league title in nine years.

Kananji said in a post match interview after Bullets beat hot title contenders Moyale Barracks on Saturday at Kamuzu Stadium to win the title with a game in hand that the title winning plot had been made from the start of the campaign with his backroom staff.

Kananji, who condemned Bullets executive committee’s decision to rope in the Burundian coach in October, paid tribute to the players and  assistant coach Mabvuto Lungu for playing a role to win leaving out Ramadhan.

“I would like to thank the players for working hard, assistant coach Mabvuto Lungu,  Technical Advisor Lloyd Nkwazi for helping the team to win the league title,” Kananji said.

But he applauded Bullets executive committee for entrusting him with the responsibility to take charge of Malawi’s most popular, decorated and successful football  club at the start of the season.

“I would like to express my gratitude to Bullets executive committee for taking a bold decision to appoint me as coach. I am happy that I have won the league title on my debut season, which is a perfect way of saying thank you,” said Kananji.

Ramadhan was also cautious in an interview saying that the victory was down to team work.

Bullets executive committee chairman Kondie Msungama insisted that the engagement of Ramadhan played a role in Bullets win.

“I am happy that we have won the title. I would like to say thanks to  our coaches Elia Kananji and Mabvuto Lungu for winning the Carlsberg and I would like to thank Ramadhan for helping the team to win the Super League,” said Msungama.

Most of Bullets supporters recognised Kananji as the title winning coach.

The engagement of Ramadhan on 1 October became a hot issue in the team which forced Treasurer Noel Lipipa to resign while most supporters sympathetic to Kananji called it a worst of money.

Ramadhan was engaged after the team’s bid for title hit a bad patch with inconsistent performance.

21 thoughts on “Bullets coach overlooks Burundian role in title win”

1. Kkkk kochezi azilankhula chizungu. 2 hell with your Kananji.

2. Big up 2 Elia Kananji ‘n’ nt the Burundian.

3. DANIEL PHIRI says:

THIS IS NOT STRANGE IN THE BULLETS CAMP, I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAYS GIRBERT CHIRWA PERFOMED VERY WELL FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS ONLY TO BE REPLACED BY KINNAH AFTER LANDING SPONSORSHIP FROM BAKILI MULUZI. BULLETS WENT ON TO PARTICIPATE IN CAF CLUBS AND KINNAH TOOK ALL THE CREDIT AT THE EXPENSE OF GILBERT.

4. golo says:

I did hear kananji mentioning ramadhan. mwanamatu apa a nyasa

5. yungsai says:

lets thank God before anything.congrats mawuleeeeeee!!!!!””

6. Uchindami says:

‘It was a worst of money’? zinazi zomwe titha kunena mChichewa tiyeni tilembe. Mwaziona izi!

7. Murray says:

Abale, the fact is Bullets are the Champions> Tisatolane mkamwa. Elia, Ramadan are all Coaches that have helped BB. Please reporters, don’t look for mistakes in your reporting. This is time to celebrate for BB.

8. ngenga says:

Big up bullets

9. Gift Nyirongo says:

All de bst 2 Maule

10. James says:

As far I am concerned every Bullets follower including the players and executive paid tribute to their coach Elia Kananji. Bullets technical panel and Mr. Ramadhan worked together only for about a month and a couple of weeks. Before that it was Elia and his team doing the job which won BB the Carlsberg title and kept them in contention of the title from the 1st round. So there’s no doubt what great achievements Elia and his backroom staff have done.

However, I can testify that in the last month or so, Bullets’ tactics have improved, taking each game as it came. Some of the tactics I believe have come from the more experienced Burundian tactician, Ramadhan. I am sure that even Elia and his team have learnt a lot from Ramadhan. As a matter of fact I heard Mr. Kananji himself mentioning Ramadhan i an interview on one of the local radio stations after the game

11. mpho says:

“it was a worst of money”??????? koma pa nyasalande amwene, sipadzatheka!!!!!!!!!!

12. Gongoni says:

Koma zowona zake mukuzidziwa kuti zinthu zinasintha kwambiri atabwera Ramadhan.

13. pooooopo says:

Big up Kananji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are another phiri aise.

14. opportunist says:

Ramadan palibe real role yeniyeni yomwe wachita .Can’t u send him packing b4 he brings confusion in our team settle him if we own him something.

15. bbsupporter says:

Maule,tyeni tingosangalala zokanganazo ine ayi.

16. Mbwenumbwenu says:

I was amazed by some overzealous lady fans from Thengere who thought by going to BT Moyale was an outright winner. No wonder that succulent Bullets Fan woman sexed them up. Hahahahahaha!

17. Chileso says:

Inu a so called Ramadan musatinamizepo ife masapota a BB sitkukuziwan, inutu munapeza zonse zitapsa kale ndi Kananji.kananji yomweyo kut wawawawa!!!!!!!!

18. fredrihno says:

To me!!! Msungama’s phirosophy works,because we have won the league that’s all that matters.

19. Titus German says:

Rahmadan anabwera kuzacheza ndi msungama.kananji ndi amene wawinitsa league

20. mbwenu says:

Kunena zoona Kananji yemweyo kuti Wawawawa!

Kananji yemweyo kuti wawawawa!

Tisanamizanepo Kananji ndiyemwe watolera ma points onse 59 ndipo wagwira. Ntchito yotamandika