Bushiri column ‘Bible Up-Close’: The significance of collective prayer

When was the last time you prayed with you family and when last did you invite other relatives, friends, co-workers or schoolmates to pray together? As we seek God more and more, we come to the conclusion that we do not seek Him alone, but with other for the promise of eternal life is greater, important for all.Bushiri column

It is important to dedicate time, praying together with others and share the joy of speaking and being close to God collectively.

“Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”  Matthew 18:20

In as much as we need private time with God by praying alone, we should also comprehend the fact of togetherness in the Lord. Corporate prayer opens up your heart to the needs of others. Not only does it bring encouragement, repentance, edification, joy, and the feeling of love among believers, but it shows togetherness and the body of Christ working together submitting to the will of God.

This act of praying together brings us into God’s presence in a fuller dimension than when we pray alone.  There’s a reason why Jesus compared the kingdom of heaven to a banquet, rather than a table for two!  Life’s important experiences are meant to be shared. When you are together in prayer, each member of the family learns what it means to be intimate with God

To say this differently, prayer is vital because it provides a practical demonstration of the importance of faith. Indeed, praying together is one of the most critical things you can do to pass your convictions on to the next generation. Kids need to see genuine faith acted out in their parents’ lives.

Though there may be but many voices, there is divine unison when saints gather together to pray. The Bible records in Acts chapter 2: 1-4.

“1 -When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2- Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 -They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”

Through their gathering together, the manifestation of the Holy Spirit was activated. Encounters and divine meetings with the supernatural occur when saints gather together and cry out in one voice.Each of us has a unique way of praying and praying together brings a new voice to the need and brings about a unique level of anointing.

When people gather together to pray, it gives a deep feeling of belonging to each individual.You could think of it as team work, such practices bring with them a new level of strength and confidence.When you are part of a group, you feel that you are a necessary part of a greater purpose. A means to a greater end, it is this very motivation and satisfaction that strengthens a believer to push further and do better.

Praying together opens your heart to the needs of the people around you and reminds you that sometimes you can be the answer to someone’s prayer. There is a type of anointing that comes when a person can stand as an intermediate to pray for someone else,this selfless act allows God to remember you as you have remembered others. That is why I always urge people to pray in number, for just as the common saying goes, there is POWER in cooperation!

• Prophet Bushiri is the leader and founder of the Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG) church

26 thoughts on “Bushiri column ‘Bible Up-Close’: The significance of collective prayer”

1. Fariz says:

A very welcome religious column man of God Sheperd Bushiri,keep feeding mankind with the Almightys words fot our own betterment.

1. God love you papa major 1change

2. Thobani says:

Wow! Thank you papa. we thank God for this platform as well for People shall read, believe and they shall know that indeed you are sent by God. This is powerful!!!! I love you so much Major 1!!! May God Bless you even more……..

3. Freddie Frei Jr says:

1 Corinthians 12 togetherness things work because each one of us has his on gift

4. Achimidizimidzi says:

Collective effort is effective in all aspects of life. Major 1, you have shared the scriptures. May God grant you more revelations.

5. Two men cannot walk together unless they agree (Amos 3: 3). We cannot pray together unless we agree in doctrine and practice. But how can we agree in doctrine and practice? It’s only by taking the bible as the ONLY rule of authority. Now I heard the bible saying, “if you say I am of Paul, I am of Appolos and I am of Christ…Is Christ divided? It is clear that God does not want us to be called, for example Lutherans, Catholic etc. but simply Christians. So the first thing Bushiri should do is to realize that Jesus already establishe His Church (Matthew 16: 18). In Romans 16:16 Paul wrote “greet one another with a holy kiss the CHURCHES OF CHRIST salute you.” This means that the church was established back in the 1st century by Jesus Christ. Paul and the rest of apostles as well as all saved people were in this one body of Christ (Ephesian 4:4). It is sad to start yours, 2000 years after Jesus established His Church and claim that it also belongs to Christ. If we can leave behind man-made doctrine and submit to the pure gospel taught by Jesus and apostles-then and only then,we can unite.

6. Donovan says:

imagine the power of family praying together!thank you papa

7. kapuka njembu says:

that is very true major 1 a collective is indeed a solution to many of our problems too, in doing this you pray with an open mind to your God thank major one i will have to inforce this in my family as the head of the house… thank major one

8. Advisory Committee says:

Please balance up the positive comments with our negative ones. Bushiri is good at writing but his prophesies are obvious predictions

9. KAMINA NKUBESHE says:

Thank u Major 1,i love u,look at me,pray with me,change my LIFE MAJOR 1,thank you LORD…

10. Advisory Committee says:

I think Bushiri is good at writing

11. Jeannette says:

straight forward but very powerful message…..lets learn to pray together indeed, amen amen Prophet Bushiri, God Bless You more and more!!

12. Raymond Manhango says:

Thank you Papa for the revelations.
    Im your son. i love you Major1. Turn me around and Change my story

13. Masozi Mwenifumbo says:

Amen to the good piece of Biblical advice. May God bless us as we together REPENT AND CRY OUT FOR OURSELVES FIRST, THEN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST, THE NATIONS, AND THE GROANING CREATION, UNTIL HE HIMSELF ANSWERS BY FIRE, AND CLEANSES HIS BRIDE TO WRINKLESSNESS/BLAMELESSNESS/SPOTLESSNESS, AND SEPARATES WHEAT FROM TARES, FROGS AND SHAKES FROM FISH IN THE WORLD, AND OLD LEAVEN OF WICKEDNESS AND MALICE FROM HIS NEW UNLEAVENED BREAD OF SINCERITY AND TRUTH, HIS OWN BODY, THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD, YAHWEH, ABBA FATHER!!!!!

14. Elton Phulusa says:

Coolman says
    This is a powerful sermon to all. Cooperate/Unity prayer – very effective indeed. Bravo Major P.

15. Eduardo Happy says:

Amen Prophet Bushiri. You have inspired me because you have talked the word of God. Prayer is the lifeline of every Christian.

16. Mk says:

Amen I feel Blessed.

17. Hannah says:

Papa you re a blessing to me . still don’t know how to thank God for u daddy

18. Son of Major says:

Amen my Prophet! That’s the word!
    May God increase you more and more in your pursuit to fill heaven and make hell empty.

19. Thato says:

God bless me I nid u 2 protect me,nd safe me where I go,be wth me open my eyes I nid lot of thngs major 1 ur de only prophet who cn do ths 2 me,I ddnt lose hope coz evrthng I hv 2day its bcoz of u plz.watevr ppl sy abt me I dnt care,for u love I hill nd I’m happy u help me so lng I knw u wil make it(car,life,home,food nd many more I nid u bless frm ths thngs in the myt name of Jesus Amen!

20. KUKHALA says:

THUS MY PROPHET WITH A POWERFUL BIBILICAL TEACHING. AMEN.

21. Billy says:

Thats papa big up

22. major one is changing mindset of people who were not believing in his prophecies but now he is world poorer.Big up our profet of generation

23. tuvitwana says:

Mau, mau. Pipo say major 1 only talks of EARTHLY RICHES, wot abot this??

24. Acquila says: