Celtic mistreated me, says Gaba

Malawian star Gabadinhi Mhango has said South African top league side Bloemfontein Celtic mistreated him after sustaining an injury.

Gaba:  I was ill treated

Gaba: I was frustrated

Mhango, who has left Celtic controversially for another top league outfit Bidvest University, claimed his salary was cut while recuperating the injury.

He also said after getting back on his feet Celtic were not cooperative on the renewal of his contract which made him to fear for his future as the transfer window period draws to a close.

“I was committed to Celtic but there were a lot of things which have been happening. For example the team had no regard for my welfare as they reduced my salary during the time of my injury,” Mhango said.

“I was also frustrated to see that they were dilly-dallying to come in the open to indicate whether they will offer me a contract or not,” he said.

He said while he was facing a gloomy future at Celtic a window of opportunity opened to join Bidvest University in June as he entered a pre-contract agreement.

He emphasised that he had no intention to leave his compatriot team manager John Maduka in that fashion.

“It’s sad that this is the way I have parted ways with the Celtic. I enjoyed my time,” he said, sounding emotional.

But the former Bullets FC prolific striker ruled out a move back home as he awaits his new lease of life at Bidvests to link up with compatriots Atusaye Nyondo, Robin Ngalande and Gerald Phiri Jr.

He said his manager was looking for club to enable him play in South Africa.

“My manager is working hard for me to get a club right here in South Africa. I cannot come home because I am optimistic,” he said.

Gabadinho joined Celtic in a controversial move as he joined the team as a free agent barely a few days after terminating his contract.

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Wovutika
Guest
Wovutika
8 months 1 day ago

very few in malawi can stand and claim that they r benefiting from school financially. Many graduates are in deep trouble in malawi, no jobs and if they have one the pays r very ridicurous. Go gaba go.

banduwell norman
Guest
banduwell norman
8 months 1 day ago

Mwana wapita basi inu anoma muvutika ndipo musova ,mwana akamvekukoma uyu.

Mwiza
Guest
Mwiza
8 months 2 days ago

School ya chani? Mwanayutu akangopita ku wits fc wapita basi, he cant get less 150rands amonth,6million mk salary, hey, dont joke of school here,

Ngwengwe
Guest
Ngwengwe
8 months 2 days ago

What irrelevant comments
Go Gaba the problem is not education here but mistreatment.
You have acquired wealth than these graduates commenting here.

Mr Fe-ka
Guest
Mr Fe-ka
8 months 2 days ago

ndiye zikolo

Nganga
Guest
Nganga
8 months 2 days ago

Ananu timakuuzani kuti muzilimbikira sukulu. JC mumati mupita nayo kuti. Communication must have been a problem to this chap.

rodrigues Latata.
Guest
rodrigues Latata.
8 months 2 days ago

Let’s work hard to reduce malnutrition here at home.

Kanyimbi
Guest
Kanyimbi
8 months 3 days ago

Gaba please be silent. Linda madzi apite ndiye uziti ndadala. Any employer cuts the salary when you are sick.

Mtumbuka wa Atumbuka
Guest
Mtumbuka wa Atumbuka
8 months 3 days ago

Dont burn bridges son

kamtedza mwale
Guest
kamtedza mwale
8 months 3 days ago
Education and Enlightenment are two different things and most of our sports men and women don’t have either. They don’t read the small letters in the contract which can be summed up as ‘terms and conditions’ apply. It is a big reflection of the low information literacy levels of our country. This is the reason why some of our previous leaders rushed to sign up a SADCC agreement paper that indicated that if two countries share a lake or river in their boundaries they shall benefit from it in equal terms whether it be recreation or mining (paraphrased). Our leaders… Read more »
wpDiscuz