Daza confirms bid to make it second time lucky for MCP presidency

Former Malawi Congress Party (MCP) Secretary General Chris Daza  has confirmed to Nyasa Times that he is now seriously considering a surprise “second-time-lucky” bid to contest for the party’s presidency during the forth coming convention.

Daza:  wants to face Chakwera again at map convention

Daza: wants to face Chakwera again at map convention

“I am not in Malawi yet but yes the rumours you heard are 100 percent correct. I was focusing on my business abroad and ministry but there is a public outcry from the members, I have decided to honour them. Soon I will make it public for sure,” said Daza to Nyasa Times from South Africa.

Daza resigned from MCP in November 2014 and joined the then ruling Peoples Party (PP) and was awarded with post of a Minister responsible for Good Governance in the Office of the President and Cabinet position (OPC).

Asked when did he rejoin MCP, he said:”Not long after the elections of 2014, I went back to MCP. It’s always been my party. At PP my focus and my invitation was to work in the government as a cabinet minister. Otherwise I was not going to move. I wish my Principal had allowed me to work with government while I remain it’s SG.”

He added: “Yes my roots are in MCP and mostly intact because really this is the only party I have known since I started active politics in 1999. I was a cabinet minister for seven months, that’s all, never meddled with PP politics.

“By the way I don’t regret working for my government under the PP regime. I needed that experience. OPC being the hub of cabinet, I felt like a complete politician. As for Amayi (former president Joyce Banda), we talked about it, my return to my party, she advised me as a mother.

“I honor her for giving me an opportunity to serve my country. She is my hero, and we have a good relationship. As for MCP, it’s my home, I am it’s own son, it made me the politician I am today.”

Daza was however optimistic that he still has support in MCP as he is already an insider.

“By the way, I am an insider already although I did not reclaim my SG position at the previous convention. Obviously there are a few rotten eggs that think I don’t belong there, but they are jokers, so I don’t mind them,” he said.

The High Court in Lilongwe last week ordered MCP to hold a convention within 90 days after some disgruntled members dragged it to court.

Lazarus Chakwera, the incumbent  MCP leader ,  won the August 2013 MCP convention with 287 votes out of 652 cast while Daza came third after Chief Justice Lovemore Munlo.

Munlo came second with 169 votes whereas Daza came third with 90 votes, followed by former parliamentarian Lytton Dzombe with 24 votes, former Cabinet minister Jodder Kanjere with 21, former Farmers Union of Malawi (FUM) president Felix Jumbe with 19 and former Nkhotakota Central legislator Edwin Banda got 14.

70 thoughts on “Daza confirms bid to make it second time lucky for MCP presidency”

1. amangwetu says:

Daza F*****k ur *******

2. OPPORTUNIST says:

DAZA IS A SNEAKY OPPORTUNIST. HE WILL NEVER START A THING AND GROW IT HIMSELF. HE WILL ALWAYS ASSOCIATE HIMSELF WHERE GLORY IS. HE LEFT ASSEMBLIES OF GOD BECAUSE HE WAS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH LAZARUS, JOINED NDOVI WHEN THE CHURCH WAS ON HIGH PEAK AND MANUVERED HIS UP TO BE NEXT TO NDOVI BY SPREADING LIES TO THOSE HE FOUND WHO STRUGGLED WITH NDOVI IN THE EARLY YEARS OF MINISTRY. HE JOINED POLITICS AND MADE HIS WAY UP AND COULD NOT WIN THE MCP HOT SEAT AND JOINED PP AND NOW HE IS BUSY WITH BUSHIRI IN SA AND LOOKING FOR A WAY TO BE IN THE LIME LIGHT IN THE NAME OF SCHOOL OF PROPHETS. WHAT A GUY AND ALL WHAT HE IS SAYING HERE IS NONSENSE. DAZA IS A SELL OUT AND OPPORTUNIST. WATCH THE SPACE……..

3. chiphazi says:

Daza is NOT a political asset for any party. He is simply an egotistical maniac who thinks that he has achieved something through his so called “Ministry work”. He is a nomadic confusionist who should NOT be allowed back into MCP. If he wants to be a “President” as he so seems, he should go and ask Joyce Banda. By the way, where are people like Mungomo who used to make MCP interesting during Bakili’s time?

4. Cash Gate says:

ku PP kuja munapitaku mudatulukanso kodi? A Daza ndinu osalimba pa ndale. simudzatigulisira chipani chathu chokondedwa?

5. munyane says:

Daza ine ndilibe chonena ndingoti M******* ako

6. Jessie the WhatsApp Coup Plotter says:

Better try somebody coz if this Chakwera gets floored again in 2019 MCP will be several decades back in politics. You mean O Tembo can’t offer free advice to this Laza?

7. Makomenti 10 onse watumiza ndi munthu m,modzi musatipusitse kuti muziti a Dążą anthu akuakonda mwlemba m,Madzi nditchula dzina la aliye ndi nthawi yomwe watumizira komenti yake ndiyambira dzina la Kondwani 8:53 Mathews mhone8:49 simbazako8:10solomoni Munthali 8:08 mkwapu8:07 nkhonjera8:06 ndhlovu8:04 Yohane moyo6:15 sunduzwayo6:13 khumbo kachali6:02 trouble6:01 ngwira6:00 Alice b5:59 trouble5:58 truoble5:57 gabi5:53 maina onsewa walemba munthu m’modzi kuti tidziti aDaza akuafun m’ng’ooooo nthawi zonse ndaikazo Anthu nokha mukawona muonadi kuti walemba ndi munthu m’modzi

8. BABAZULA says:

He is funded by the DPP we know it all

9. Phwisa says:

Daza is not true MCP. By joining PP Daza showed a behaviour not there in MCP. Chakwera goofed by choosing Msowoya ad running mate. I hope this time MCP members have learnt that bringing all new members to leaderhip has not helped. MCP has its loyal unmoved members like Njovbvuyalema. MCP members now have a chance to rebuild the party by electing Njobvuyalema

10. Brave Kaunda says:

Let Daza contest ,why is Chakwera afraid?Daza is more MCP than Chakwera,he has been with the party all his life unlike Chakwera who is destroying our mighty party

11. Grima says:

It looks like most people didnt understand the said judgement.
    I understand it says if the convention is not held the party will revert to positions elected at 2013 convention and in this case the presidency is not affected.

12. bwamlini says:

Mwanamizana ndi JB kuti a Daza mutenge leadership of MCP then combine with PP to make JB’ son running mate. Daza is funded by JB for this purpose.

13. Mahera says:

I think Daza has seen how Chakwera has re-built the party. He ran away after destroying it and he want to come back to destroy it again. Thank God that He gave MCP members wisdom and that no wise person can tolerate someone like Daza. Let him come and contest.

14. Kondwani Mwalwanda says:

2019 ndithu titayesa o Daza,munthuyu amaoneka wolimba mtima kulekana ndi o Chakwerawa

15. Mathews Mhone says:

Daza is the man to change MCP,in MCP we need Daza to win 2019 elections

16. simbazako says:

chakwera is a feki man Daza is the man

17. Solomon Munthali says:

Chakwera has failed us it’s better to have Daza than him

18. Mkwapu says:

support Daza guys he has the skills

19. nkhonjera says:

we are already tired of chakwera munthu wadyera uyu so please Dr. Daza take over the leadership

20. Nkhunika says:

He dumped mcp and joined pp and today he wants mcp. Is he normal? Something is wrong with him. He even failed miserably pa zisankho za MP and he want to become president lkkkkkkkkkk shame.

21. Ndhlovu says:

in Daza we trust as this Sikaliyoti has failed us

22. Chiyembekeza one meal a day says:

VERY UNSTABLE MAN. JUST AS HE LEFT MCP HE ALSO DAMPED HIS WIFE MS HARAWA AND RECENTLY MARRIED A VERY YOUNG WOMAN. I FEEL VERY SAD WITH THE PATH THAT OUR BELOVED CRISTOPHER DAZA HAS TAKEN. ONCE A RELIGIOUS MAN GOD FEARING AND PREACHER F THE WORD WHEN THE ALURE OF POLITICS REACHED HIM HE BECAME A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON SHEEP IN WOLVES CLOTHING. THE TYPE THAT GOD SAID YOU SHALL KNOW THEM BY THERI WORKS. CHRIS HOW DID YOU ED UP LIKE THIS? IS IT RICHES FAME OR OPPORTUNISM YOU ARE SEEKING? I CANNOT BELIVE THAT NOW YOU ARE LIKE THE REST OF MALAWIAN POLITICIANS WHO WILL GO WHERE THEY WILL FIND MPAMBA. DID YOU NOT ABANDON THE SAME MCP AND WAS PRAISED BY JB WHEN YOY JOINDED PP? AS SOON AS PP BECAME IRRELEVANT YOU DISAPPEARED ONLY TO COME NOW AND SAY MCP WANTS YOU BACK. WHICH MCP? YOUR MOTHER’S??????????

23. Yohane Moyo says:

Chakwera ni mbewa yenecho Iwe Daza tiwombore ife

24. Sunduzwayo says:

Let’s support Dr Chris Daza

25. Ali fredo says:

What a joke, is it april fools day already.

26. Khumbo Kachali says:

Iwe Chakwera watondeka kwendeska ndale ndiwe nadi Yudasi iscariot

27. trouble says:

I would really like to give daza a chance
    we he is a great leader God fearing. let’s see what he got

28. Ngwira says:

Daza play it well as we MCP supporters are tired of Chakwera

29. Alice b says:

let him do it everyone deserves a chance daza all the way

30. trouble says:

Dr Daza yomweyo very clean politician

31. trouble says:

Let’s support Dr Daza he is a man who can fit anywhere Awa a Chakwera alephera

32. Gabi Mwaungulu says:

Dr Daza is the man who can lead MCP uyu Chakwera is Yudas Sikaliyoti

33. mr makwata says:

daza dzichitire wekha manyazi who can vote for you in MCP? ngakhale u mp umakukanika kwanu iwe

34. Mike Fletcher says:

This idiot is a gold digger,he has no business in South Africa ,he is just trying to be close to bushiri because he knows he has money.secondly he has just married this young lady who is a muti millionaire in Salina and he is and planning to milk her.he lied to her that he left the wife because the wife had an affair with a white man in German but the truth is its the wife who dumped him because of his unfaithfulness.Daza is a liar and a gold digger,he left living water church because of his crooked ways and lies.I feel sorry for Malawians and more the less the young lady that he lied to and married because she was desperate for a man.

35. Martha Msosa, NU says:

It is unfortunate and shameful when people we put our trust to lead us, especially the so called men of God, mislead us!

I have known Dr. Chris Daza as a man of God but politics brain washed him! Daza left MCP and joined PP, he did not just worked with PP in government but he was a member of PP. He contested on PP ticket during the 2014 general elections and lost.

Daza is still holding a position in PP as a NEC member. When did he left PP??
    Dr. JB in abroad on personal business she is no longer in charge of running PP back home, it is a known fact that the only last standing foot soldier for PP is the party’s publicity and administrative secretary ken msonda the rest are fake members fighting for position of party president. Come on man of God, tell us the truth did you submitted your letter of resignation to Mr ken msonda as was the case with those who left the party? I for one haven’t heard the party publist responding to your resignation.

36. Ineyo says:

Chris Daza I still remember when you used to preach to us at Chirunga, you were such a role model to young christians. Is politics such a bad thing that it can make you tell lies to the extent of lying that people are urging you to contest again when the truth is it is you and you alone who wants to contest? Where is your Christ? Which MCP members can urge you to become their president when you deserted the party when it needed you most? …..and who can be sure that you will not want to get even more political ‘experience’ by joining the DPP this time. Do not remind us of the pain you caused when you dumped us to join a party that presided over loss of billions of our money….. and you have the temerity of talking of rotten ‘eggs’ in MCP. Are you not the rotten egg yourself with maggots all over? Ngati akutumani kuti mudzatisokonezereso chipani, Chauta akutsutsani. Chonde fusani Mulungu kuti akuwunikireni bwino osati munthu ayi. Apo iyayi mungopitiriza business ndi ministry yanuyo. Ndale za MCP asiyileni anthu opanda ” ichi chakoma ichi chakoma” mudzayamba kugwa cha gada ngati pusi.

37. chaz.com observer mission says:

No 1 iz cryn fo u in mcp – liar!

U put ur interest in ur businesses 1st & the interest of malawians aside – hypocrite – golddigger!
    Come n c hw brilliant malawians hv grown.
    My advice to u is to follow n join the failed duet of blue n yellow – u fit in ryt.

38. Ufulu says:

Let Daza contest,no hustle or bustle in his decision. It is a wise and good decision for the party,we in MCP welcome the idea and will embrace and vote for him when he stands at the convention.

Daza woyeeeeee!!!!

39. Luntha says:

Daza Is the man,lethim stand in the forthcoming convention,after all those of us who are and follow MCP politics know that he never left MCP,he only worked for Govt as minister in the JB government…..Mulekeni munthu!

40. Moto says:

I don’t see anything wrong with Daza going back to MCP and contesting for the Presidency,MCP is a democratic party and the party for Mother Malawi so let him do what pleases him. However I surely think he would make a good leader.

41. vikhembo says:

we need change team Daza

42. Susan K. B says:

The beauty about democracy is that anybody can stand for any post as long as they meet the required criteria. Competition is always good for the betterment of any political party if it serious about progressing forward democratically. Hon Chakwera’s team should not get or feel defensive about the upcoming convention. Since God chooses leaders If Hon Chakwera the chosen party leader then there’s nothing to sweat about. I applause Dr Daza for his courage to come forward and not bit about the bush on his aspirations. Such fearless people are needed our society today. His shown courage to show his face and face the mighty lion Chakwera that everyone seems to be praising here. Then again the negative comments that are being said about Dr Daza arnt they the same or weren’t worse said about Hon Chakwera when he expressed interest too just a few years ago?. Look at him now……MCP president. Who knew Hon Chakwera would have won… but it happened. Therefore let people who dream in colour aspire their dreams. Its only God who already knows the out come. I wish Dr Daza all the very best. God bless Malawi!!.

43. vikhembo says:

I honestly think change is good for this country we need something different change can not happen if u are not willing to try something new…we have tried all those parties and it didn’t work…he will bring us something different let’s try and see

44. Grace Manda says:

Welcome back Daza! MCP is your home and we know you were forced out by baba Tembo. We have a problem with our reverend at the moment, he’s lost focus busy with PP instead of pushing our party nationwide. DAZA all the way

45. Nabanda says:

Daza you are more than a devil, how can you be against Chakwera and yet he was your pastor at Kawale Harvest Temple and you used to call him (dad)… Daza your first name is (Judas)

46. Mmmm! Angoni mudalephera pa chisankho cha 2014 ku Ntcheu Central pataimira chipani cha PP ngati phungu. Lero chipani chanu ndi MCP kuyambira kale. Kodi adakuthamangitsani ndi ndani ku MCP nthawi imene ija mutalephera pa konveshoni kwa a Chakwera.

47. Geoffrey N Mighton says:

Daza,u r such a cheap prosititute who nids not to be given a room in our mighty Mcp,even afta promising to work wth Chakwera, u dumped him. shame to U

48. Marko Kalebe says:

He showed stubbornness to work with Chakwera and finally quit to join PP, today he is lying to have rejoined Mcp soon after the 2014 elections, what a lie. He is not a trusted mcp member and has shown dirt syndrome ‘political prostitution’. I don’t see anyone to compete with Chakwera, I can just foresee his endorsement at the convention.

49. Chimvano says:

Man of God and a business man calling his opponents rotten eggs..what a shame. Why can’t you humble yourself and support Chakwera. Again Joyce Banda is you hero….hooo….yaaa! What a joke.

50. dabwa says:

I don’t think u can win chakwera has more support than u can imagine! U better fight for SG if at all u want to be recognised in MCP!

51. wa mcp says:

palibe ndi mmodzi yemwe angazule apresident athu okondedwa bambo professor Lazarus Chakwera palibe ng’oooooo. Olo akunamizeni bwanji akukunamizaniwo mwachepa a Daza. You actually have no future in MCP inu palibe angadzakukhulupilileni. MCP yonse inataya nanu chikhulupililo. Ndinu munthu wanji a Daza kuchoka muchipani nthawi yowawa ngati imene ija. in that time every vote counts and you decided to walk away on us ndikumauza okutsatilaniwo kuti avotere a mayi a hero anuwo koma zoona lero nkumati mudzapande compete ndachakwera ayi ife a eni chipani takana. Mukabwera, a DPP akadzakupangani offer ministerial post mudzagulitsa chipani olo mudzatisiya ife opanda president haaa palibe wa mcp amene angakuvotereni inu. Besides, since 1994 kwanu ku Ntcheu anthu savotera MCP ndiye mufuna mudzakhale pulezident koma kwanu anthu atavotera dpp ndi udf??? mmatiyesa opusa kodi??? bwelani mudzavale manyazi. Ife tili nga nga nga pambuyo pachakwera ndipo sitisuntha, inu dzisunthani wa MCP wolimba samakakhala kaaye cabinet minister 7 months nkumabwereranso ameneyo si wa MCP. Funsani a Njovuyalema apangidwa offer ma cabinet post a mbweee over the years he never did zambwerera munapanga inuzo,, bwerani adzakukwapuleni chakwera muwone muyesa ndi ntunda ocheza eti????? Iwe ndi Jumbe anthu akuwonetsani zinthu kaya mulipo angati forget about our vote.

52. Fools die while searching for wisdom and Daza is one of these fools. Wachokaso liti ku PP?

53. Akungolonje says:

Doughtful it stands for Daza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any way that’s multiparty politics, everyone has a right.

54. Mbonga Matoga says:

The unrepentant opportunist-mercenary is back…….not sure who is paying him this time.

Sometimes I wonder whether Daza has any morals left in him…………..

55. Choipa Chitsatamwini says:

Daza you cant win becz ndiwe okonda ndalama ndipo mwaiwe anthu anataya nawe chikhulupiliro and as of now ulibenso chikoka mu mcp.

56. Zapadziko Chiputula says:

He is power hungry. He didn’t join PP to help gvt but to find business opportunities for himself. I doubt if Malawi can really develop with this calibre of politicians. I hope the deligates will have eyes to see.

57. 2016 welcome says:

We thank God for He accorded us an opportunity to know your true colours; that you are a political prostitute. The move to join PP told it all about your character. Such characters are incompatible with MCP values. You successfully joined the ranks of Kamanya, Sosten Gwengwe, Binton Kutsaila, Sam Kandodo etc . For instance, if Hon JZU had such unstable political mind MCP would have already been sold to other parties. We don’t need you for the sake of multiparty democracy. Political whore!

58. Patriots says:

Daza is a foolish man who lacks wisdom more of a self seeker. The first thing he jumps ship as a chief opportunist in the name of “gaining experience “after failing the party election shows he has loyalty issues! Calls JB his hero that’s ludacris after eating her spoils plus failed leadership now he comes to get married with ulterior motives of eyeing MCP presidency. Yes it’s a free world to contest but where are your values man! If I where Daza i would serve under Chakwera consistently with integrity and servant leadership.

59. Peter says:

Sir please serve the MCP party on your personal position as member. You used to put on PP badges stood on a PP ticket but you claim to never have left? We welcome you back to the party thou you left at the most critical time. We welcome you serve as a member and don’t bring in infighting please. One president at a Time and it’s Chakwera for MCP

60. Tengu says:

which posts are up for grabs. are they not the ones for which no elections were held? check the court ruling again.

61. Hokoyo says:

Daza is unstable. He should not have left MCP for short term gains. A true leader sticks to principles. By leaving MCP and joining PP shows that you went for money. And by going back to MCP after PP lost shows you have gone for a position.
    Chakwera has shown to be a true leader. Even what he talks makes sense.
    Anyway, MCP will not have elections as demanded by court. I don’t know what the judge was thinking. Where will thge money comne from?

62. Hokoyo says:

Daza is unstable. He should not have left MCP for short term gains. A true leader sticks to principles. By leaving MCP and joining MCP shows that you went for money. And by going back to MCP after PP lost shows you have gone for a position.
    Chakwera has shown to be a true leader. Even what he talks makes sense.

63. aChikondamoyo says:

You MCP people must be serious with yourselves. This power hungry behaviour will not yield you anything. Look, it is your democratic right to seek the presidency of the party but remember that Chakwera offers you the best chance to win an election. Last time you made a mistake of electing a leader just too close to the general elections and this time, instead of consollidating the gains made so far, you are busy pulling Chakwera down. DPP must be in joyous mood to learn this madness coming from their fierce opponents. My humble advise is that you let Chakwera lead the parry atleast up to the next general elections and devise the next step based on the outcome of the polls. The route you want to take of holding a decisive elective convention will kill this party and you may as well start forgeting ever ruling the country again.

64. bwamlini says:

I want Munlo to stand and win and help MCP to launch in the south

65. Mr Christ Daza, Don’t provoke MCP die hard Members like me please, MCP doesn’t belong to your Mother and no loop hole for you to take over the MCP Leadership from Rev Dr Chakwera, Don’t fuck yourself with your own finger Mr Daza, You failed to win Ntcheu Central under MCP ticket and you brought confusition in MCP, Please forget about MCP, After all how special are you? Let me tell you Daza, Only people who have never joined any political Party in Malawi are those who can qualify to contest for Presidency of MCP, Not a political prostitute and Vagabond like you, To be MCP President will remain your dream in your life, In MCP we are proud to have Lawyer Gustav Kaliwo as MCP Sectary General, Please leave MCP alone and move on with life, You had enough time to fight with JZU so please leave Dr Chakwera alone, Fuck youuuu!

66. Parallel Market says:

Bambo Daza,

Are you really serious about competing with Rev. Chakwera during the forth coming convention? I think you are just joking. Why cant you concentrate on your businesses and leave politics to those who can do well? Politically, Bambo Daza, you are a novice. Join the party and aspire for other NEC positions than the presidency itself.

67. kanchenga says:

Obviously this is wishful thinking. Very unstable people like this can easily sale our party to dpp like Atu sold UDF. Hooligans without an aota of shame.

68. timothy says:

I hope you’ll win this time. All the best!

69. Mapwevupwevu says: