‘Embarrassingly rich’ pastor Salanje splashes K100,000 for budding artist

Budding urban music artist Mascot, well known for his hit song Phuma Nje, had one kind of a surprise when he made K100, 000 from an unreleased single titled Ngati Salanje, courtesy of the “embarrassingly blessed “ Pastor himself; Hastings Salanje.

Salanje: 'Man of God' splashes money to artist

Salanje: ‘Man of God’ splashes money to artist

Mascot Pastor Salanje is a blessing

Mascot Pastor Salanje is a blessing

This comes amidst the recent Salanje frenzy where by the self proclaimed rich pastor had been dishing out money to some of his lucky Facebook friends and followers.

With the development, Mascot, real name Chrispine Chingeni decided to make a song urging people to persevere in whatever challenges they may be facing as one day, they would make it big, just like Pastor Salanje.

Little did he know that the idea only would land him K100, 000.

“It all started with this song I am working on at Chitchat records. When I got home, I decided to update my status on Facebook which talked of the upcoming song. Out of the blues, I was surprised to see his (Pastor Salanje) post Tuesday morning saying he was going to buy my song at a one hundred thousand kwacha.

“After some time, I received a message on Facebook from him saying I should check my phone and I found the money in my Airtel money account. Interestingly, this means I have made a hundred thousand kwacha from an unreleased song.

“I am really overwhelmed as of now. This means there are really some people out there who really want to help others and that guy is a blessing to many,” said the seemingly enthusiastic Mascot.

According to the artist, the song is expected to be released next week, and has been produced by the Daredevils at Low Budget records in Blantyre with the voices recorded by Dj Sley at Chitchat Records in Lilongwe

In his recent post, the artist said: “In the future, I will tell my children that I made K100, 000 from an unreleased song,” posted Mascot.

17 thoughts on “‘Embarrassingly rich’ pastor Salanje splashes K100,000 for budding artist”

1. sikusinja says:

Hie Mascot, may be you don’t know that sign you a using is a Satanic sign. That’s why you are given that MK 100,000 . Unless you are one of them. Careful!

2. Phodos says:

I am told that Mastol Band is for Salanje. The symbol used by the the singer Mastol was designed by Pastor Salanje. This is satanism at its best.

3. scott says:

mascot do you know the meaning of that sign,be carefull when copying things uziyamba wafufuza kaye my brother that’s all I can say.ngati ukufuna u celeb do it in the right way,sing for the lord,He will lift you up.GOD BLESS YOU.

4. Chidongo j says:

Anyasa Times chonde siyani kulemba di nkhani za Satana ameneyu kufuna ndalama chani mbuli yeniyeni yamunthu ngati imeneyi. mwina mudzatiuzenso za tsoka zikamupangikira chifukwa apa ndiye anthu ayanhkula mokwana. kulibe nhkani zina.

5. Twikiee Lulu says:

It is very unfortunate to see how young Malawians are being fooled and taken by strange beliefs. This budding artist just as many other Malawian musicians and young stars are being deceived or just copy things any how from TV shows, magazines and other celebrities without understanding their meaning. For instance I don’t think Chrispine Chingeni knows the meaning of the “two fingers up” or “V sign”. You need to read “The secret oath of the pope to understand” some of these signs. Don’t just copy things that you don’t understand any how. I feel sorry for this young man and his admiral pastor. Read Hosea 4:6 then you will understand better.

6. spying genuies says:

Even arts it seems he know dark world very well why making that sign which shows two finger up, that symbol of barthoment satanic god.akudziwana anthuwa asatimusitse

7. kesterchipala says:

Ndalama za sataniki zimenezo usanyadire kkkk

8. Webster says:

Jerusalem In The Latter Days.

9. ujeni says:

There are also shows overseas like Apprentice, Dragons Den, where would be entrepreneurs are embarassed with investments cash wise. Days of all money and riches belong to Ngwazi are gone, just wake up people.

10. ujeni says:

You can make your number private or public on facebook.

On another note, we Malawian have grown up under massive poverty such that with the coming of Tv and democracy we are too overwelhmed. Since some rich is like maloto. There are rich dudes out there and yes they dish out money. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet even Akon the musician.

11. chindaxi says:

Kkkkkkkkk Ask Mike Msungama what happened to his Lincoln limousine…

12. Pat says:

A nyasa times musiye kupanga post nkhani za salanje zikumatinyasa

13. xenophobia says:

so you are happy, wait , you will discover later that you have been initiated my friend.

14. dzuka malawi says:

so how did salanje get this guys number.

15. Getu Petulo Trivia Salanje says:

Chrispine Chindeni mwankhwana. But be careful that money would be zakumidima?!!!! Salanje salanje salanje