Ex-Balaka secondary school students back to clean alma mater

Former students of the Balaka Secondary School will this Saturday join current students in a general cleaning exercise of the School premises.

Masanche- To clean

Masanche- To clean

The  event  according to the interim president of the  Balaka Secondary School Alumni, Zizwane Masanche is  aimed at improving sanitation at the school and making sure that the environment is conducive for teaching and learning.

” We want to help in improving sanitation at the school premises especially the hostels.  We feel that the school did a lot to us and that it is now our turn to do something for the school” said Masanche.

He added that the school has produced many students who are successful in life  and that we feel we need to mobilise ourselves to make sure that the school continues to deliver its core function.

The Alumni leader further explained that the general cleaning is part of the activities that the  BASESCO Alumni has lined up for this year apart  from the introduction of awards for  students and teaching staff.

According to Masache the Alumni has been engaging the management of the institution with the view to see how former students can help mobilise resources for some projects at the School.

The Alumni has also introduced a bursary programme for needy students at the school.

On Saturday, the Alumni will also join the students  in the cafeteria for lunch before  delivery of a motivational talk by an Alumni.

Balaka Secondary School Alumni was formed by former students  last year with the aim of bringing together former students to interact, share ideas and help the school in mobilising resources for specific projects.

Balaka Secondary School is a public secondary School which started its operations in the early 70s.

10 thoughts on “Ex-Balaka secondary school students back to clean alma mater”

1. Gule says:

MACHEYA,where r u now?The cohorts of kolala,masupaya,hamzah,gundamtengo,nembo,the list z endless.Anthu inu! I waz there from 2001

2. Nawaoo says:

way to go uncle Zi, God bless

3. allie chiwina says:

That’s good idea I wz thea from 2004 to 2007

4. Tasiiyani inu says:

How I wish I attended the function! Tiona kuti titani.

5. J Chimdidi says:

I Wish I participate the exercise Am the fresh blood from BLKSS,

6. He says:

Beam trust will be there to sponsor the sweeping?

7. KUWILA CHILAMBO says:

This is a welcome development. I was there a student from 1972 to 1976. Life was very terrible and unbearable. There was no hostel or cefeteria at the school during our time. Lucky girls were being accommodated at Bakita hostel while some lucky boys were being accommodated at a tiny hostel opposite the Roman Catholic church at Mponda. The majority of students were renting at Matako, Nkhalango, Mpulula, and other surrounding areas. Others were walking from Zam’mimba, and other distant areas. Our headmaster then was Mr Matinga, very tough and disciplinarian who replaced Mr Jela, a moderate teacher. Mr Msukwa was a pioneer teacher, very arrogant who replaced Mr Kadzakumanja. Kadzakumanja was calling himself Mzukulu wa Kamuzu. He was tougher than his predecessor. Christopher Kamlongera (now a professor) was an English teacher. We enjoyed English literature, ie Things fall Apart, The River Between, African Child, Cry the Beloved Country, Man of All Season, Obi Okonko, Arrow of God, etc. Despite the hardships we suffered, some of us have been successful in life. I wish I attended the function, but I have just seen the information on the internet to day Friday. i don’t know how I missed the whole thing. We also had a similar function around 1994/95. wishing you all a good day. Alhaj Twaibu Lawe.

8. puludzu says:

This is a good initiative and I totally admire this. I wish if everyone of us could emulate this move.

9. Box 222 alumni-Hostel J says:

come come all !!!!!
    Happy to belong to BLKSS!!

10. mohamed malinga says:

That’s good example and I will follow your steps.MOHAMMED MACHEYA from 1998-2001 at BKSS