Fire guts Universal Industries in Mzuzu

A biscuit and confectionary shop  belonging to Universal Industries in Mzuzu was gutted in fire on Wednesday.mzuzu universal shopuniversal shopmzuzu universal shopmzuzu universal shop

The fire started at around lunch hour when all the workers in the shop had gone for lunch except the manager and his junior.

One of the workers at depot  told Nyasa Times that one staff Mathews Banda noticed the fire which emanated from the main switch which is in the back stores of the shop.

The fire moved swiftly and attacked the cashier’s office and later the whole shop was attacked by fire.

Fire fighters from Mzuzu city assembly responded in time and managed to control the fire which had not spread to other shops.

One of the senior police officers who were present at the scene Anny Kaunda said the police came in time to control the situation as more people were salivating to loot the shop.

According to Kaunda one bag of money was rescued and the other bag  containing undisclosed amount went missing on the process of rescuing and the police has since taken 5 workers who were rescuing the bags for interrogation.

The Manager at the shop Christopher Ngwira said the cause of the fire was not immediately established as the investigations are still under way and also to establish the extent of the damage.

There was no immediate comment from the Escom officials .

Escom has been blamed in most recent fire incidences.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Please share this Article if you like Email This Post Email This Post

More From Nyasatimes

More From the World

10 thoughts on “Fire guts Universal Industries in Mzuzu”

  1. gulukunyinda says:

    The government should control influx of substandard electric switches, cut outs, plugs from China. The old UK materials should come back. These new fake Chinese with fake UK labels should be banned. Otherwise moto siutha

  2. Mwini Mbumba says:

    Ngati Ndi Escom, Its Oky But Some Times I’ts Man Made Fire Ndi Ma Shortage M’ma Shopmu. Nanga Where Is Other Money ,kodi A Boma Simunakhazikitsa Komiti Ya Nduna Zoona Za Moto M’misika Ndimwina Motero Nanga Ziri Pati ? Ntchito Ina Ndi Imeneyi, Onother Fire Gate.

  3. karonga says:

    Why these days is fire after fire incident in Malawi, is it a problem of Escom or poor wiring? Please sort out this problem it’s disturbing the development of the country.

  4. Hillary Kondowe says:

    This is sad

  5. Nkhondomukaya says:

    Sorry this is very bad.

  6. IZO MWINA NDI MVUTO LA ESCOM POWER KAPENA WIRING CONNECTION, BUT NOT WHAT HAPPENED AT MONKEY-BAY IN A SHOP, FIRE WAS CREATED BY OTHER PEOPLE WORKING IN THE SHOP, THANKS MONKEY-BAY POLICE WHO CONTROLLED FIRE IN TIME AND THERE WERE NO HIGH DAMAGES.

  7. Si wina ameneyu ayi, ndi Peter Mutharika basi,naaa nkhani ya zootchaotchazi,Peter Mutharika basi. Amufufuza bwinobwino ameneyu…

    1. Inu says:

      It just shows that Mzuzu and the north is not conducive for business. Secession basi

  8. nkhedu says:

    koma.moto palipose.

  9. Dr. Eddie Joe Mpangeni says:

    Sorry

Comments are closed.