Ghana’s President John Draman Mahama is reported to have secretly awarded ‘trophy of appreciation’ to Malawi’s wealthy prophet Shepherd Bushiri.

Prophet Bushiri received  recognition from Ghana President Mahama

Prophet Bushiri received recognition from Ghana President Mahama

Prophet Bushiri with Ghana President Mahama

Prophet Bushiri with Ghana President Mahama

According to a report by Zambia News24, the trophy is in line with Bushiri’s continued humanitarian work across Africa.

The report citing sources from Ghana pronouncing that Bushiri secretly travelled to the West African nation on Wednesday, March 2 this year where he had a closed door meeting with the President of Ghana, apparently walking out with the trophy.

When Nyasa Times contacted Bushiri to confirm the reports, he confirmed that  indeed travelled to Ghana where he met the President, but refused to shed more light on the outcome of their meeting.

“I don’t think it is necessary for me to disclose what I discussed with the President of Ghana. I treat all such meetings as private and confidential unless otherwise,” explained Bushiri when asked to comment.

Another organisation, The African Youth in Technology Organisation (TAYISO) also awarded Bushiri for his undisputed good works towards humanity.

Bushiri has so far donated maize to thousands of poor Malawians hit by hunger crisis and he is also on record to have pledged building two big orphanages in South Africa on top of monetory support.

31 thoughts on “Ghana President gives Bushiri ‘trophy of appreciation’: Malawi Prophet recognised for humanitarian support”

1. advisory committee says:

He just want the gold from Ghana

2. Winston Msowoya says:

I thank Bushiri for his generosity to help the starving people of Malawi on this trying time.However,I absolutely disagree with him and those of his supporters that he is a Prophet.I know only Jesus the son of the Almighty God to be authentic PROPHET.I would personally call him “PASTOR BUSHIRI”,how about that? If it was Jesus at this tragic moment,he could have turned stones to bread and we must bear in mind that Prophets vanished some 3000 years ago.May God help us get out of this treacherous moment,AMEN!!!

3. okoma atani nanga says:

koma abale

4. Mneneri salemekezedwa dziko lake ndi mau a Mulungu simukulakwitsa kunyoza. Mukukwanilitsa mau a Mulungu paiye sindikudabwa.

5. zambe na bomo says:

I thank God for Bushiri ! Malawians we need to be realistic we have rejected this man for so long now but our friends out there they are enjoying with his him while in Malawi only these self centred people are enjoying chopping poor peoples money

6. Acquila says:

Bravo my father, my role model. With God everything is possible. Continue the good work. I wanna be like u someday.

7. Light says:

Asatana okhaokha,muzazindikira kt nzoipa mutapereka ana ozibalira nokha nsembe yamagazi komabe kuzindikira kwanu sikuzapindula kanthu.

8. Kangamire Zowazowa says:

that guy looks to be very ill (the president) – must be seeking prayers from Bashiri

9. Achimidizimidzi says:

I can’t understand this now. Is he the same Prophet Bushiri, our leaders refuse him any space to do distribute maize.

So political leaders in Ghana are much much grateful than our political leaders in Malawi.

10. Umo says:

FALSE PROPHETS – Jesus never sought fame or trophies. I pity Africa and Malawians. We need enlightenment to free ourselves from these false prophets. In fact, the educated people of Africa are the worst IGNORANT and naïve.

11. I can foresee something big going to happen in this poor country bcz there is like a competition between Almighty power & polital powers,lets wait & see who wins.Lol

12. Duncan says:

Sometimes amalawi kuyamika kumativuta,chifukwa bushiri sakulakwitsa pothandiza anthu omwe alibe chakudya pamene dziko likulephela,keep it up bushiri.

13. kuEmazwini says:

Malawi ndi dziko lotemberedwa. What a contrast! Here in MW Bushiri was even refused to land in Malawi by the country’s leadership when he wanted to come to feed the hungry people of the northern district of KA. But when the prophet distributes food in the south and center this mulakho president does not dissuade him. Bushiri has been despised by his homeland president. But Malawi can benefit from Bushiri, if this country were ruled by civilized and gentle people. Bushiri has built a university in southern Sudan because Malawi’s president refused him to build it in Malawi. I wish Bushiri became a president of this country; although this would be demotion for him, it would certainly be promotion for the people of Malawi to be ruled by civilized people.

14. Emazwini says:

What a contrast! Here in MW a tribal president refused Bushiri to land in Malawi, his homeland, to feed the hungry in the northern district of KA. But when the prophet distributes food in the south and center this tribal president does not dissuade him. Bushiri has been despised by his homeland president and his advisers. But Malawi can benefit from Bushiri, if this country were ruled by civilized and gentle people. Bushiri has built a university in southern Sudan because Malawi’s president refused him to build it in Malawi. I wish Bushiri became a president of this country; although this would be demotion for him, it would certainly be promotion for the people of Malawi to be ruled by civilized people.

15. Mukhirisitu says:

Malawi! Open ur eyes! What the hell of dirty polics. Just busy pointing fingers on pastors as fake. Cant u sit down, hear and appreciate work done by men of God? Where have these words gone? ‘Charity beggins at home’. Blessed are those who see things even on a distance. Congrants GHANA! Major 1 is indeed man of God.

16. bk phiri says:

Time is coming when the truth people shall know would set the free. My prayer is that it should not be too late!

17. Gift Paparazzi says:

Good News.

18. Maico says:

Scripture can not b broken….mneneri salandiridwadi kwawo.nonse amene mumanyoza aneneri aMulungu samalani….these people brings ablessings n a curse to us…remember,touch not my anointed n do my prophet no harm….take it or live it

19. Manyalo says:

Big up! U deserve such time. May God adore u more that his blessings may reach the needy through u. Never ever be politic major 1 as u already are.

20. getu says:

he deserve d best

21. cbk says:

Kwao kuno koma jelasi basi,anthu oipa kwabasi.Nneneri salemekezekadi kwao ndithu.Nanga tinamvapo kuti anapita Ku Sanjika?eish.

22. Wakikiki says:

Congraturation Major 1 Prophet Shepherd Bushiri my father the LORD has given me. May the LORD increase your greatness. I partake the grace and may RATSON anointing be my portion in Jesus Christ Name.

23. ellias says:

Iye!!!!! congratulations my Prophet. Indeed you deserve that!

24. Denguzman. says:

Congrats Major 1.

25. beje says:

i wonder wooooo in ma country despite the good works of charity the internationaL community has recognised the prophet he has never come close to the president.a prophet in his own home is a liar so its coming to pass what JESUS said

26. dan says:

All the glory go unto God the almighty

27. Tikondane says:

Congratulations, prophet! We’re very proud of you. You are putting Malawi on the map. Malawians may not properly realise the treasure you are. It is as it should be; that you must be without honour in your home land. You cannot be better than your Master, Jesus. He was the first to be rejected in His home town. All genuine men of God must be prepared to be so rejected in their home towns. I pray for my beloved country, Malawi; ‘May your eyes be open so that you can see what you’ve in your hand!’

28. Albert says:

Papa, Congrats! You have doneit again! May God increase you!

29. Edo 2009 says: