Malawi top musician-cum-legislature Lucius Banda has said he admires multimillionaire South African based Malawian Prophet Shepherd Bushiri and said those on smear campaign against him are unfair to the “Major 1.”

Lucius Banda: Prophet Bushiri is successful man and that invites haters

Lucius Banda: Prophet Bushiri is successful man and that invites haters

Bushiri and South African's Home Affairs minister

Bushiri and South African’s Home Affairs minister

Churchgoers at Bushiri church in Pretoria

Churchgoers at Bushiri church in Pretoria

Members congregating during Diplomatic Service including Chri Daza (first from right) at Bushiri's church

Members congregating during Diplomatic Service including Chri Daza (first from right) at Bushiri’s church

Banda, Malawi’s top musician, who is also Balaka North legislator for the United Democratic Front (UDF), said on a private visit to South Africa, said he stopped by to fellowship with Prophet Bushiri’s Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG) in Pretoria on Monday night and was impressed with the respect accorded to the Malawian prophet, according a report in The Nation newspaper.

“We live in our world as Malawians and that has not helped us. After fellowship, I realised we have been somehow unfair to Bushiri by viewing him with a negative eye instead of being rational,” the paper quoted the iconic secular musician as saying.

He added: “It is worth noting that thousands of people are converging at one place because of a son Malawi. I admire him for that.”

Banda, who is a devout Catholic,  said he has not joined Bushiri’s ECG as he remains a Catholic member but appreciate the prophet’s Christian way of leadership.

“Just like the Bible says that ‘out of the eater comes something sweet’ I was touched by the gesture of giving out food to the poor during that hunger in January and February. Through the criticism he has been going through, I took interest in seeing his side of the story,” Banda is quoted as saying.

The legendary musician said Prophet Bushiri is “successful,  in terms of congregation and as a businessman.”

He added that “success brings about haters” hence Bushiri courting many attacks against him.

“ As someone who has been criticised, at times unfairly, and faced the wrath of people over rumours, I tend to be sympathetic towards people who are treated harshly, especially when it’s based on unfounded rumours.”

Bushiri’s  church is one of the fastest rising in Southern Africa.

Banda said he was impressed with the Monday fellowship at Bushiri’s church.

“They call it a diplomatic service. I like the teachings and the ideas shared to the gathering.The beauty about it is that it happens on a day that I, as a Catholic normally don’t go to church. Otherwise I can’t say more than that. Issues of faith are supposed to be private.

“Actually, I came here for personal reasons. And I just thought of going there to fellowship. I have attended two Monday services where about 10 000 people gather for prayers. It was during that first time that I took a picture with BJ [veteran politician Brown Mpinganjira] and Ralph Kasambara. But I must say that when I went to ECG, I felt proud as a Malawian to note that it was a son of our soil who makes thousands of people around the world come together and pray,” he said.

During Sunday services, people line up just to enter the church, he said

“The queues are long, with 45 000 plus people attending services, according to the information I have gathered. How I wish it was happening in my country,” he explained.

41 thoughts on “I admire Prophet Bushiri, says Lucius but Malawi iconic musician remains Catholic -Report”

1. bertha says:

Mr banda is OK to admire the prophet, because the prophet has got higher anointing. It is good that he has realised Major 1 is a true prophet, so he is blessed. Major 1, you are a blessing to many people, through prophetic channel, a lot of people have been served and I believe a lot have been served there in South Africa, because it is 1 to 1 with you.You are a blessing .May our good Lord give you more days on this earth, so that many should come to understand how close you are to our Lord Jesus Christ.Amen

2. Alfred Minjo says:

Surely Lucius do not take my respect, trust and admiration on you for this nonsense. What has gone wrong with you? I agree with someone already that there is a lot to be desired for than this…..

3. Edwin says:

Trust God Indeed My Brother Lucius, Thats Good!

4. Samee says:

Hey dont trast peopel,jast kno who you’r and wat ur das all,

5. Vuto ndiloti,kukacha mumasakasaka zochita anzanu moti muzipanga zanu.bandas choice is not your choice.make your own choie,good luck band!

6. khwangwi says:

Mwadya za ma kadi tu bwana. Akufakani chi slice cha cheese, inu kulawa mwati eehe, kodi izi zimachokela nso ku mkata?

7. nyaka says:

Everyday you are saying Bushiri is bad&yet your relatives are eating his maize,hypocrites.

8. jaunky says:

Well,thats the degree of your faith Honourable Banda and I agree with you that spiritual matters are very private,with me i also love the prophet though `am a member of Zambezi evangelical churh.Major1 is my spiritual father and my spirit is always connected to his anointing,that is why my life changed from wolrdly things to spiritual life.We as Malawi nation,has rejected what God gave,that is why we are in this bad state because of our disobedient.Whether we like it or not prophets were there,we have them and they will be there.In our human life we are led by presidents,kings ,chiefs and etc: so in our spiritual life,our leaders are Prophets,Apostels,Bishops,Teachers and pastors.I wonder why those who call themselves Christians and even the pastors,Bishops and the Apostels in malawi are the ones busy fighting the prophets,no matter what,for them to be prophets,it is the anointing which was given by God to them,olo mutatani ndi moyo umene mumachitawo mulungu sangakudzodzeni.Be satisfied with your calling and at the same time be commited to spiritual life,i challenge you that our God will do it to you.Mwina mumawona ngati ndi ma prophets okha who can prophesy,deliver people from bondage no! even you pastors can do that,koma mumatanganidwa ndi za m`dziko thats why you don`t have these gifts so you gang up with your congregants fighting your fellow men of God, what a shame! You call men of God that they have powers form dakness,who told you that a devil has powers?,I assure you today that we sons and daughters of God has more powers than the devil,he can not stand against us because the holly spirit was given to us as our weapon,if you are in him,the holly spirit will be in you.Major 1 ,you are a gift to malawi,south africa and the entire wolrd,I love you PAPA IYEEEEEEEE!

9. BJ Daza says:

Kodi a Chris Daza ndi Brown Mpinganjira, kodi mulipo abale inu? Moni kwa inu awiri.

10. azombweee! says:

Lucius! don’t take away my respect for you please, there is a lot to be desired and admired but not this.

11. lazarus says:

What would the verdict of the Episcopal Conference be over Lucius’ admiration of the Prophet?

12. Nyaphaphi says:

Mpaka diplomatic service…haaa yesu angobwera

13. Kachingwe says:

God Bless U Honourable Lucius & Malawi

14. Acquila says:

Irresistible Prophet Bushiri, even when they don’t like u, they still read about u coz they don’t know that what they don’t kno they don’t kno n they won’t kno till they get over their jealous. Thanks Lucius, u the other voice of many Malawians. Bushirified Iyeeeeeeh! No stress

15. Acquila says:

U dnt want to hear bout Bushiri but u still read his news n comment. Hahaha u just know he is irresistible. When u r on top u become the topic, when u r the head u become the headlines. Surely God is working thru my prophet Bushiri. It’s either u like him or totally leave him alone Iyeeeeeeh! Stress free life , that’s our family.

16. yohane mbatizi says:

Bans yadyedwatu apa unvle Lucius…..mwabwelako nditi ma rands eti…..a kasambala, a BJ, mpinganjira, a mlakamaliro ndiye anachita kumanga camp konko ……ana oyidziwa ndalama bambo…errr koma ziliko ku jon eti ….Bushiri mungoyitana ma dolo eti ,,,,ma dobadobafe ayi????

17. jimy mughogho says:

Ndilibe nae chifukwa. Afalise uthenga basi.

18. Kho says:

Yes as he declared about something sweet comes from eater

19. Kho says:

He declared about the sweeter comes from the eater

20. Mo says:

Lets wait and see,good show guys

21. Ratson says:

Pregnostic preambulator!! The paranomic seer AKA Bazucca! IYE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my father. In our family we dont stress!!! We relax! Operating from a mountain top perspective.

1. Manjawira says:

I Love The Prophet Shepherd Bushiri Too, Not Bcoz That Others Love Him But Bcoz Of The Benefits And Goodness I Gained From His Teachings. Major 1 Is Not A Nickname I Realise. May God Bless Him

22. Kondwani says:

Yes it’s true that out of the eater comes something sweeter as the prophet declaired on diplomatic service on monday

23. Kenkkk says:

Well said Lucius and like me I praise Bushiri got his religious work and charity donations to help the poor. That should be welcome even by the usual evil haters We know.

Like me soldier I also wouldn’t leave my dear church, still remain ccap but also praise bushiri’s God’s work which seem more practical as the Lord wants. What is the point of being very rich but only to lose your soul?

1. Give us a Break says:

Your praise is clearly misplaced, Kenkkk.
      Praise God!
      But don’t praise Bushiri or his religion or so called charity works.
      Just admire him, and what he does.

1. Kenkkk says:

Just listen my brother. God is always praised but you also praise the good work that other humans do on behalf of God.

24. chete says:

LUCIUS BANDA YOU ARE VERY MATURE. I LIKE LEVEL-HEADED PEOPLE LIKE LUCIUS. YOU ARE SO PRINCIPLED!!!

KEEP IT UP. GOD WILL REWARD FOR STANDING FOR THE TRUTH!

25. willie Chimseu says:

That is soldier which I know & admire. Bambo jelasi siumuna I totaly agree with you that Bushiri is our own person & a malawian.

26. Achimidizimidzi says:

Thanks Honorable Lucius Banda. You have said what you had seen. It’s encouraging.

27. KUKHALA says:

YOU ARE TRUE AND NOT JEALOUS MALAWIAN. THIS BUSHIRI WHO IS NOW MY PROPHET SINCE LAST YEAR 2015 DELIVERS BIBLE TEACHINGS WHICH I HAVE NEVER EXPERINCED SINCE MY CHRISTIANHOOD. MALAWI IS MISSING OUT AS A COUNTRY IN TERMS OF VARIOUS FORMS OF BUSINESS REVENUES AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BLESSINGS. AMEN
    MALAWIANS BE REMINDED OR TAUGHT THAT CHURCH ARE LIKE MINISTRIES BELONGING TO GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE ARE TRANSAFERABLE TO AND FROM DIFFERENT MINISTRIES. CCAP, CATHOLIC, SADA, ASSEMBLES OF GOD ETC ARE MINISTRIES AND THERE IS NO ONE SUPURIOR TO THE OTHER. AMEN AGAIN

28. yes mr thats great ndiochepa akumatele.

29. MBUMBA says:

GOD IS NOT A
    MAN

LET HIS NAME
    BE GLORIFIED !!!

30. Myao says:

Eeh koma, ‘Out of the eater came out something sweet’ a Lucius can you clarify this quote based on your application above?? Penapaketu zinthuzitu izi mmh!

31. Give Us a Break says:

Who cares what Lucious Banda admires or doesn’t admire in his, really?

I wish we could be spared from this Bushiri thing. I feel we have hear a lot and enough about him. Truthfully, my ears are hurting hearing Bushiri this, Bushiri that, Bushiri here, Bushiri there whenever he does something.
    Now even if the Bushiri does nothing, and you have nothing to write about him; should we keep hearing some stray views from someone about how that someone feels about Bushiri? How many people admire Bushiri whose views you shall present here?

Give us a break! Just a little, even!

1. Kenkkk says:

It is Dpp thugs like you that should give us a break. It is unpatriotic people like you that are failing the country, unfortunately dpp from top to bottom are very useless bringing down Malawi.

And your Kaliati tells us to shut up to people like you?

1. Give us a Break says:

You are clearly mistaken to assume that whoever doesnt sail in Bushiri’s boat is DPP.
        Such careless generalisations do not reflect well on the kind of mind you wear.
        I have given you a very priceless advice above.
        Why not just appreciate publicly as you have done in your heart? or else remain quiet and peaceful?

1. Kenkkk says:

You typically fit the Dpp thugs profile, hence you are lumped together with them. You don’t have to be dpp to be dpp, it is your symptoms that fit dpp fever requiring the same treatment.

1. Give us a Break says:

You dont have to be DPP to be DPP? You are clearly confused!
            I thought we could have an intelligent interaction but I was wrong.
            Pick yourself up so we can talk. Otherwise, you are failing to make sense.

2. Kenkkk says:

You are the confused one achimwene. I think some people know what am talking about.

3. Give us a Break says:

You are interacting with me but you are talking about some people! More confused!
            Give me a break!

4. Kenkkk says:

There I agree. Indeed have a good break and rest. Sometimes we need that rather than stressing ourselves for nothing.