Kondi Msungama, who has officially resigned as Big Bullets FC chairperson, has said he will be more than willing to help the club when it needs any form of assistance from him.
“I would be more than happy to help. If Bullets people think I can give one inch of a contribution I am ready to offer that,” said Msungama on Monday when he handed over his resignation letter to general secretary Harold Fote during a news conference held at Alendo Hotel in Blantyre.
“I care about Bullets and I have always been a Bullets diehard,” he said.
Msungama announced his resignation through the media last month following pressure from the main supporters committee leadership.
The former Bullets boss distanced himself from the huge debts which the club has accumulated, saying they were approved by the executive committee and he got the loans on behalf of the club.
“I believe the supporters led by Mr Stone Mwamadi and Mr Mabvuto Chibambo had a plan on how the club will be run when they called for my resignation and they will find means of paying back those debts,” he said.
Msungama conceded the CAF Champions League adventure was a flop due to infighting.
“We had a very good strategy, but unfortunately all our plans were botched up because of internal wrangles,” he said.
However, Msungama said he achieved all what he promised the Bullets faithful: “Winning the league title, a cup and CAF Champions League participation and I look forward to the time another chairperson will surpass that feat.”Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :