Malawi churches announce details of Dec 6 march against abortion

Episcopal Conference of Malawi (ECM) alongside Evangelical Association of Malawi (EAM) have  announced details of the a demonstration which they have against abortion law and homosexuality to be held on 6th December in all districts across the country.

Reverend Fr. Saindi: March for life

Reverend Fr. Saindi: March for life

In what they are terming ‘citizen march for life and family’, the two churches says the march will be held in cities of Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mzuzu, Zomba and all the 28 districts in the country.

Accoridng to the released program, in Lilongwe  the march shall have  two converging starting points: Route 1, starting from Area 18 St. Patricks’ Catholic Parish through Area18 Round About to City Center.

Route 2, starting from Presbyterian Church of Malawi (PCM) opposite Kamuzu College of Nursing and next to Central Medical Stores through Central Hospital Round About, Bisnowatty Filling Station to City Center. The two groups will converge at Parliament Building and proceed to Parliament for presentation of the petition.

In Blantyre, the march will start from Blantyre Old Town Hall via Highway to Blantyre Civic Centre. The petition will be presented to the Chief Executive Officer.

The march in Mzuzu will start from Katoto Secondary School Ground via Mzuzu Highway to Mzuz City Assembly where the petition will be read and presented.

While in Zomba the March shall have 2 converging starting points: Route 1, starting from Mpunga Market via Shoprite to the DC’s Office; Route 2, starting from Chinamwali Market via Zomba Zero to the DC’s Office. The petition will be presented to the DC.

According to secretary general for ECM, Fr Henry Saindi and Rev Francis Mkandawire the general secretary for EAM, the march is going to serve as a reminder to all people and institutions that human life is sacred and also that the dignity of the human being is the foundation of moral vision for society.

“From the moment of conception a life is begun that is neither of the father nor of the mother it is rather the life of a new human being with his own growth. It is therefore important that we all safeguard, preserve and protect life with extreme care from conception.

“We also want to remind all people and institutions-the executive, the legislature and judiciary arms of government, private sector, traditional leaders, civil society, political parties, foreign agencies and faith groups- that defending marriage as a unit of man and woman is the responsibility of every citizen of Malawi. And that marriage is the first cell of society as it provides the healthiest environment for raising the next generation of citizens,” reads a statement from the ECMand EAM.

The churches have argued that it is not true that if abortion is legalized in the country then maternal mortality deaths are going to be reduced, saying those countries that have legalized abortion haven’t faced any drop in maternal mortality rates while on the other hand maternal mortality has remained under check in the countries where abortion is illegal such as Egypt.

Proposed abortion law is expected to be tabled in Parliament tt and advocates of the legislation have been arguing that by denying women of the freedom to procure abortion legally, it is costing government more in treatment effects of unsafe abortion complications.

22 thoughts on “Malawi churches announce details of Dec 6 march against abortion”

1. Friend Indeed says:

A LETTER FROM AN ABORTED CHILD

Dear Mum,
    I have decided to talk to you to let you know my feelings. I want to know why you did it. My story
    is short. I stayed inside you for only a couple of weeks.

I was very comfortable and warm. I felt really protected. I knew you were a special
    person because you never stopped me from eating the food you ate. I longed for the day I
    would see your face. Nine months was a long time to wait, but I was determined to wait. I had to be patient.

A man then offered you some amount of money to get rid of me. I was happy and prayed that this meant that I would at least see you, the only person that I knew in the world. I was wrong.

I had almost forgotten the issues until I felt something
    sharp pierce my tiny ear. I jerked silently and in pain, and asked you to protect me. Seconds later
    the object came,fiercer than before. My tiny body was cut up, starting from the ears then arms and legs. It was an agonising experience. My head was then cut off and I died.

It took me a whole hour to die. A whole hour for an innocent few weeks human being to be
    murdered by you! I remember the whole incident vividly and I keep asking myself what I did to
    deserve that cruel death. Why me? Why did you do that to me? And why was I not given a chance to live just like the children you hear playing around? How do you feel when you send some of them on errands when I could have done
    that with pride if you had given me the chance to live?
    Don’t you see the beauty in playing with a child that calls you mom with a sweet soft voice?

I know you are having a lot of nightmares. You remain guilty for the beastly act. Please explain to God why you committed the heinous act. He
    sent me to you as a very special gift. My purpose was to make you proud by being the great
    person God meant me to be.

I have forgiven you though I never lived to see your face. My journey back to my creator was safe, and I arrived safely. I was given a red-carpet welcome by an angel. I am in fact without bitterness. I still love you, mum.

Yours Never-seen child.

#Join the “STOP ABORTION”
    campaign by sharing this post with your friends.
    #STOP_ABORTION !!!.

2. Mchrisitu weni weni says:

25% of all pregnancies end up in miscarriage – guess who is the biggest abortionist of all time.

I can bet my last kwacha that all those who are against women having the right to choose to abort would think differently if their daughter or wife was raped and made pregnant by their mlonda or houseboy.

Tisawakhomelele anthu osauka, andalama akupita ku banja la mtsogolo to have abortions. The poors ones are dying like chickens at the rate of about 20 per week. Thats like having a fatal minibus accident every week and 20 people dying. Are you sure we shouldnt do anything to stop this?

3. zangaphe says:

Mdima umadana ndi Kuunika
    Satana Amadana ndi Mulungu
    Herode akadadziwa kuti Maria ali ndi Pakati akanafuna kumupha kapena kumutayitsa pathupi, koma Mulungu adatetedza Maria ndi mwana
    Panjira yaku Golokota padali anthu ochuluka ena ongoyang’na , ena olira ene otukwana
    Chonco pankhaniyi anthu okonda infa ndi kupha adana ndi anthu ofuna kuteteza moyo
    Anthu oyipa adana ndi anthu ofuna kukhala mbali ya Mulungu
    Pankhaniyi pakhala ena otukwana , olira ndi ongoyang’ana koma ife Akhrisitu , tisaope kusangula nkhope ya Yesu, kumuthandiza kusenza Mtanda wake ngakhale kupempha kusisa maliro ake mtanda.
    Tiyeni tichitire umbono choona

4. Luka says:

Marching! What a useless waste of time and energy! If you are against safe abortion, put your money where your mouth is. Sponsor an unwanted child for 18 years. Pay for its food, clothing, shelter, education, etc. Support it financially and ensure that it is also supported socially, emotionally, and psychologically.

If you are not prepared to do this, you are just a useless bag of wind. Put up . . . or shut up!

1. Sounds as good as the devil himself

1. Luka says:

You are a useless bag of wind.

5. vibisi Kumwenda says:

Bravo! Church organisations with are behind you all the way,let us not accept these barbaric and immoral behaviour into our country. We say no to arbotion, no to homosexuality.

6. Rita Joseph says:

The truth is that “denying women freedom to procure abortion legally” is really about “denting women freedom” to kill the little daughters and sons being nurtured in their mothers’ wombs.

When it comes to ‘choices’, we women have every right to choose what political party we will vote for, what job we will do, what friends we will make, what we will have for breakfast.

But none of us has a right to abuse another human being in our power and under our care.
    No human being has ownership and lethal disposal rights over another human being, no matter how, small or dependent or ‘unwanted’.

“Choice” is never a valid excuse for deliberately consigning another human being in our power to a lethal medical ‘procedure’.

Our freedom is limited by respect for the rights of others under our care..

Lethal violence against children is never ‘necessary’. All violence against children is preventable. Before as well as after birth, children should never receive less protection than adults.

Their mothers’ personal and social needs can and should be met by non-violent means.

1. Inka says:

But abortion is there everyday even with the archaic laws around. The only difference is that now women are dying, so let us prevent those deaths. Don’t pretend to be saints because your situations are ok. Gilrs and women are in real problems, not you Rita who can access internet. They get pregnant without knowing even what the child will eat and wear on the first day and you tell your nonsense to such girls

1. Wadi says:

Inka…are you also suggesting that we should also legalize theft, murder and other evils simply because people are committing these offenses and for instance some thieves have been burnt down by angry mob and they too need to be protected?
        I beg to differ… a wrong thing is wrong despite having negative consequences.
        the point is that even you, you were one day in another person’s womb, your mother and all she had to do is to protect you and safe guard your rights.

1. Inka says:

That is totally missing the point. You are not supposed to force your religious beliefs on others becoz you you think your beliefs only are right. If people are being killed unnecessarily (including Christians) in the middle east it is becoz of people (fundamentalists) like you. And don’t dare to compare with theft. If I steal it affects you but there are so many abortions that have taken place and you tell me they have been affecting your life? And you tell me becoz the law did not legalise it served you better? What I see is that they have been getting abortion unsafely and ending up dying. Get me right – inly those that want to abort will get it. With your belief, you do not want to abort you will not abort, simple

1. Josee says:

that is the same as saying if somebody is killed at chigwiri it does not affect you so protect the murderer. We are protecting childrens lives here. Kumamvetsetsana abale.

2. Rita Joseph says:

Inca, where girls and women have “real problems”, we need to work their problems, not kill their children.
        In human solidarity with each pregnant mother, the father, their families.and their communities need to address the problems of each pregnant mother in distress.
        We respond to any and every troubled pregnant mother with compassion and love—with long term life-affirming care, safeguards and protections for both herself and her child —never with killing.

3. ndatopa says:

Inka The thing is to help them prevent unwanted pregnancies and not to abort ths is killing and it is a sin.

2. Voyeur says:

Well said. Bravo.

7. Llonzoh says:

Lets protect life & save family ,God will be Happy With us

1. Inka says:

Protect your family but do not force others on their family beliefs

8. Faith says:

Tiye nazoni, tisavomereze zoipa. Ku England anthu amachita kukhala pafupi ndi malo amene anthu amataya mimba nkumapemphera ndipo ena amazazindikiradi mpaka osapita kukachotsetsa mimba. Chonde ndalama isakhala chida chotibweletsera tchimo. Bravo ECM and EAM

1. Eduardo says:

Thank you Jesus!

2. Ogode says:

That means you have to go for prayers not demonstrations. But these fools – also known as hypocrites – want to go to the streets as if God is in the streets. Abortionists will always be there – but they need prayer, not DEMOs. For those who don’t repent, the govt says they should not die whilst obtaining abortion and the so-called men of God (hypocrites) say they should be dying as they use unsafe abortions whilst the hypocrites’ daughters procure very safe abortions at Banja La Mtsogolo. If you believe that life begins at conception, let it be your belief. It is only al-shabbab, al-quaeda, ISIS and terrorists who force their religious beliefs on everybody. Stupid fools calling themselves men of Gos in Malawi are now forcing their religious bel;iefs on others because they are fundamentalists in sheep’s clothing. Even Jesus warned us of such people. If your are real men of God, use prayer – but because you know you are Pharisees, you resort to demos. Machimo anu ali thooo koma kufuna kudzionetsa ngati oyera. Kufunira azimayi azifabe

1. Voyeur says:

Our God is faithful. He is merciful. He is not violent. Sure he will forgive you.

2. Friend Indeed says:

Let them die if they have chosen wrong turn.. We don’t need this systematic murders in the name of human rights.