Malawi High Court judge Mwase dies

Justice Godfrey Mwase, one of the High Court judges, has died after a short illness, the judiciary has announced.

Justice Mwase: Dies

Justice Mwase: Dies

Members of the legal profession said Justice Mwase’s premature death is a tragic loss to the court and to the nation.

Mwase was Judge of High Court in Mzuzu.

The judiciary said in a statement that Justice. Mwase died in the wee hours of Friday, January 16, 2015 at Seventh Day Adventist Hospital in Blantyre.

“The Malawi Judiciary, therefore, would like to sincerely condole the bereaved family during this trying period for the loss of their beacon,” said a statement by the Registrar of the High Court.

He was born on October 20, 1953 at Namatetule Village in the area of Traditional Authority Kuntaja in Blantyre.

Justice Mwase was appointed High Court Judge on 12th September, 2009. He initially served in the Judiciary as Magistrate and he once joined private practice as a partner in his legal firm in the City of Mzuzu.

He is survived by four children.

40 thoughts on “Malawi High Court judge Mwase dies”

1. tuvitwana says:

Ambuye, OSATENGAKO MAJAJI AKATANGALE THE LIKES OF….
    …..IN MZUZU?

2. No negative comments he was indeed a good man God bless him I pray Jahova

3. moffat says:

R.I.P he was on good person a very nice man my best friend I hope he has a peaceful rest and let his soul be free

4. kimkelvin says:

R.I.P

5. mwiithotho says:

Ause

6. The name Mwase made him progress faster up the ladder. Pajatu ma promotion muboma makamaka ku judiciary are nepotistic and political. Rip.

7. Milambo wa Milambo says:

MHSRIP!!!!!

8. Magagula says:

R.i.p

9. Wozinyanyala says:

Akutha anthu ofunikira zitserekwete za kwa Muntharuka ziri pheeeeeee…tikanakhala amaaankha nkadati apite Petala basi wasokonezapo ….

10. Njan says:

R. I. P

11. akatswiri says:

R.I.P Good Judge,please other remaining Judges take a good example of Justice Mwase,humble and who sees others as children of Good and he used to treat his surbordinates as his freinds.the Judiciary has lost a good Judge.

12. roots says:

Pepani anamfedwa, yan’ganani maso anu kwa chauta pepani

13. CN says:

Very few humble people exist on this earth & to lose such a man who had such a position as his but yet showed great humbleness is a big blow. This is truly an example as to why the question of “Why do the good die young?” exists. Being that I met him & even had the opportunity to speak to him makes this loss even that much harder. I hate that we are on this earth suffering & hurting, I wish there was a better way, a much easier road to take. You led a well meaningful life. Raised amazing children & had a strong amazing wife to share this journey called life. Only if it was possible to keep people like you Mr. Mwase for a life time, that wish would have been granted in a hear beat, may your soul R.I.P.

14. wito says:

Very bad, good pipo dont live long bcoz devil wants them to stop the good they are doing. He taught me at Dedza Sec School around 1982 -86, he was such a nice teacher you could talk to and he knew his job well, he never favoured any, not even those from his home north. he was a wonderful man and stood in justice come rain or sunshine. If you are northerner and you are wrong he pronounced it no matter. It is my belief that he did that bcoz he loved God and not only to be noticed by men. If thats the case he is with the Lord and no need for us to cry.

15. Vavlov says:

May his soul rest in peace

16. Wailing Soul says:

Vrey sad. A familiar face in Zomba. I liked the guy, very humble and aided Chanco academics during the Academic Freedom Saga when he was judge there by issuing injunctions againt the late night firings of Jessie Kabwila, Franz Amin and Garton Kamchedzera. He even adopted a little girl whom he was paying for at Sir Harry Johnston International school.
    He will be missed. R.I.P

17. Oliira says:

I agree to all the comments madeM The man was full of humility. Enanu tatengeranipo chitsanzo chabwinochi. He was polite but still a High Court Judge. Keep it up Chikopa also so approachjable.

18. May his soul rest in internal peace and comfort the family

19. Dzaoneni says:

Very sad indeed. Malawi has lost one of the hard wirking, humble, examplary and frienly Judge. very sorry indded. RIP

20. Mphongo Zidana says:

Pepani ana inu. Awuse mu mtendere.

21. Lazarus Sanga says:

Pepani alongosi anyaChitaya this is a big loss.

22. kamale says:

I used to interact with him in Zomba, he was a very humble man. May his soul rest in peace.

23. ASAAAAAA……A HUMBLE JUDGE…..A GENTLEMAN…NEVER CONSIDERED HIMSELF AS A’god’ LIKE OTHERS WHO TAKE OFFENCE IF NOT ADDRESSED AS ‘LORDS’ GO YE WELL MY FRIEND….

24. Dickson says:

I know Justice Mwase personally, He was like a father me…
    Very kind and humble judge…
    May the God Lord hold the bereaved family’s hand during this trying moments. RIP our father.

25. Dr. Odala says:

Yayi ba chitaya pephani ciuta yekha ndiyo wakumanya vyose

26. Ish Bornlast says:

Sorry to the bereaved family .

27. Mbukavu says:

Another big loss to the nation RIP

28. Its agreat loss to the judiciary!

29. Malawi wa Lero says:

A very hard working man indeed. I know of some people who were already Magistrates when Bob Mwase was an unqualified primary school teacher somewhere near Malamulo. Some are still magistrates. But Bob went on to teach in secondary schools (including Dedza Sec School) after mature entry at Chanco and went back there to study Law, became High Court Judge. Two people Bingu did not like and have gone to the Lord together, Zuza – Catholic and Mwase – Seventh Day Adventist (bwanji nthawi ya Bingu m’mene milandu yokhuza boma imabvutila ku Zomba High Court).

30. MVUNGO says:

RIP. Ambuye MULUNGU. Wa chifundo. Tikukupem’mphani kuti mzimu wawo uwuse muntendere zikomo

31. Taelos says:

So sad! A humble judge once ate with him from the same plate at kamwe where he married! Rip Mwase

32. Mphanda says:

He was a gentleman, a dedicated Adventist and a very distinguished reader of the Law. May His Soul Rest in Peace

33. Kaseka says: