Mzuni student to release book ‘Mother Malawi’

A student of Mzuzu University (Mzuni) Frank Chibowa, 24,  will in January 2015 release a book titled ‘Mother Malawi’  in which he has chronicled about the five heads of states the country has had.mother malawi

Published by Montfort Media Press, the final year Bachelor of Science Degree in Water Resources Management and Development student has tackled early life, political life, education, life abroad, achievements and shortfalls of all the heads of state and demise of Dr Ngwazi Kamuzu Banda and Bingu wa Mutharika.

The book has also tackled the following Malawi politicians including pro-democrcay activist and former second vice president late Chakufwa Chihana, late Aleke Banda, Kanyama Chiume, Masauko Chipembere, Rose Chiwambo, Orton and Vera Chirwa, John Tembo and Gwanda Chakuamba among others.

“I decided to come up with this book so that the current generation and even the next generation to come at one point in time should use it as reference wherever and whenever necessary so that they should know where Malawi is coming from and why is Malawi called Malawi today,’’ said Chibowa as quoted by Maravi Post.

15 thoughts on “Mzuni student to release book ‘Mother Malawi’”

1. tito says:

Education is just a process of living in life you can study engeneering but sometimes u might find yourself being business manager one day so don’t judge others so quick, do some reseach about this

2. I want to read the book first and am very happy coz nkhatabay veterns are also icluding like aleke kadona phanda banda orton chirwa and kadondo

3. moses says:

The boy is okey and is dreaming in color although he is a water resource which I believe will not help him much because it seams he is focusing on other fields…………

I have not read the book but I believe he has read and made reference to other literatures and did thorough research on the same.
    Good job boy keep it up.

4. sokalawo says:

When smone does good we have to appreciate so Mfana keep up!!!!!

5. Retired Professional says:

This is the beginning young man. By the way, do seek wisdom and guidance from big Malawian writers and historians like DD Phiri, Steve Chimombo, Emily Mkamanga and others. Congrats
    What became of Bingu’s book which was extravagantly launched at the AU in Addis Ababa and here at home. I remember the Mullis, the Mota Engels bidding millions for it. Are our Universities using it?

6. Israel2013 says:

Herve, you can as well contact him. Can’t you?

7. Nzeru Zero says:

Hervé Cheuzeville, you must be very stupid or colonial in mind. Who should contact who??

8. Bwenzi says:

Mzuni ndi kawawa

9. Citizen 'O' says:

You could have written a book based on your field of specialisation. You are doing water resource management, why writing on politics and history where you are obviously less informed? Anyway, its a challenge worth taking.

10. KWAZULUH2 says:

That is great mwana.but one thing osabalalika.

11. VINJERU says:

This is great. To appreciate the content i will need to read it and i hope i will be able to get it online being in diaspora. In any case, in your next edition please make the cover more appealing. Please advise the designer to apply some more creativity – not just traditional malawian way of making covers – if they cant then let foreign designer do it for you. If you don’t have contacts then let me know – I can assist.

12. wagwanayo says:

Big up hommie. Malawi got talent.

13. I would be happy if Frank could contact me, as I am currently writing a book about Malawi. I would love to read his book.

1. Nzeru Zero says:

Hervé Cheuzeville, you must be very stupid
      or colonial in mind. Who should contact
      who??