Nigerian star Amos relishing ‘perfect’ Malawi league start with Wanderers

Mighty Be Forward Wanderers striker, Amos Bello says he has adapted quickly to the “perfect” challenge of the TNM Premier League.

Amos Bello enjoying his career at Wanderers...Pic Arkangel Tembo.

Amos Bello enjoying his career at Wanderers…Pic Arkangel Tembo.

The Nigerian based striker, who joined the Nomads this season assisted in Peter Wadabwa’s winning goal last Sunday against Silver Strikers in Lilongwe.

He was also featured in the Nomads Charity Shield encounter against Nyasa Big Bullets, in a match he came from the bench but impressed the crowd with his pace, skill and hardworking spirit.

He told the Malawi News Agency (Mana); “I’m very pleased that I’m in this league because you go from game to game very quickly. You play every two or three days and, for me, it’s better to play more games than train because I love the challenge and here that is perfect.”

“I feel comfortable here,” the 25-year-old added. “You can see on the pitch when we play together that we have a very good understanding.

“The team is great and, for me, it’s been very easy to settle. The players here have helped me to establish myself quicker than I perhaps would have done were they not here but, ultimately, I feel pleased.

“The people are very friendly and welcoming. I also fell in love with Malawi because this country is very beautiful and the weather perfect for a game of football,” he added.

He also praised the Nomads technical panel which is led by Jack Chamangwana describing it as the best.

Wanderers’ assistant coach, Elijah Kananji praised Bello saying he is one of the best strikers at Lali-Lubani.

“He is experienced and matured that we feel with the combination of the likes of Jabulani Linje, Luka Milanzi, Peter Wadabwa, Khumbo and Jimmy we will have one of the best striking force,” said Kananji.

Meanwhile, Jack Chamangwana’s men lead the Premier League after Sunday’s victory against the bankers.

The Nomads next assignment is on Saturday against Dwangwa United at the Kamuzu Stadium.

15 thoughts on “Nigerian star Amos relishing ‘perfect’ Malawi league start with Wanderers”

1. KB says:

Just wait a mose ! , this is malawi and u will see

2. KB says:

Inu anyerere game imodzi kuwina koma ngati mwawina leage! eeeesh you have a big problem

3. Zangaphe Nyoni says:

Just wait and c, more games to come. NBB ndi deal.

4. F.K says:

Nthawi ya nyerere sopano

5. ya_smoothDJ says:

One looking at the report you can never stop wondering if at all this reporter really interviewed the persons he is claiming to have. This report lacks quality and substance. First they the reporter refers Amos Bello as a “Nigerian Based” striker yet he is in Blantyre Malawi. Secondly the reporter quotes Bello claiming to have “settled quicker than expected”. Wrong Mr. reporter he has not settled rather he is settling. Thirdly the reporter mentions names of all nomads strikers in what he wants us to believe was an interview with Kananji. Surely Kananji wouldn’t have mentioned all those names in his interview.
    Please Mr. reporter just report what was said in an interview rather than reporting what you yourself think should have been said.

6. Ngakhale atandithira doom mkamwa sindingasapote Chingambwe bullets. Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dolo says:

good comments. happy to see him shining over there . keep it up paddy .

8. Mtiwala says:

whether somebody likes it or not noma stand the best team with works of Am, Wada, and others

9. Gilberto says:

Welcom to blue familly

10. Chris says:

The nomads ndmakufiran ma players nonse may the good lord Keep on Blessing you guys

11. james says:

noma ndi noma basi

12. Wa Nyerere says:

Welcome to the Nomads Amos. We, supporters, love you all Noma players. You guys make us proud. I will never stop supporting Nomads no matter what. Namwera, Mlimbika, Zakazakaka, Wadabwa, Zulu, the Rafiqs and all you other Noma players feel it in your hearts that we love you very much. Keep the fire burning. Noma for life.

13. ndondwa says:

Inu a Nyasatimes englishyo Elia Kananji ananena yekha kapena mwachita kumutanthauzira coz the way I know my coach he has never granted an english interview ndiye osamamuika munthu mau mkamwa

14. KK says:

Welcome to Nomads Amos. We, supporters, love you just like we love all Nomads’ players. You guys make us proud. I will never ever stop supporting Nomads. Nyerere for life.