Wanderers sack coaches Ng’onamo, Kananji, line up Osman to be take over

Mighty Be Forward Wanderers have sacked head coach Edington Ng’onamo and assistant coach Eliah Kananji barely hours after a crisis meeting held on Tuesday.

Mighty Be Forward Wanderers coach Elijah Kananji: Sacked

Mighty Be Forward Wanderers coach Elijah Kananji: Sacked

Ng'onamo: Sacked and will now reach a settlement on his contract

Ng’onamo: Sacked and will now reach a settlement on his contract

Nomads have replaced Ng’onamo with veteran and club legend Yasin Osman while another legend Bob Mpinganjira takes up Kananji’s place for the rest of the season.

The two coaches have paid the price for the team’s dismal TNM Super league form and loss to arch rivals Nyasa Big Bullets last weekend.

Kananji confirms the dismissal saying he received the letter which cited the team’s poor performance as one of the reasons.

“Its true that I have been fired because I received the letter. But I would like to meet the executive committee to chart the way forward,” Kananji said.

“I don’t know about the position of Ng’onamo because my letter was specifically addressed to me.”

The soft spoken coach described the action as unfair but he did not elaborate.

Ng’onamo said was not aware of the action.

“I cant comment because I don’t know anything until I get a letter,” he said.

Wanderers have been struggling this season and the 1-0 loss in the TNM Super League to rivals Nyasa Bullets piled pressure on the coaches.

The oranges are currently perching on position nine on the log table with 29 points despite assembling the most expensive stars including players from Nigeria and Japan.

Club secretary Mike Butao said  the coaches and the club have parted company by mutual consent, saying they wished to make clear that the coaches leave Nomads on “good terms.”

He said Wanderers thank Ng’onamo and Kanji for their immense contribution since they have been on their roles.

14 thoughts on “Wanderers sack coaches Ng’onamo, Kananji, line up Osman to be take over”

1. Gauwo says:

George Chamangwana he is the one who is spoiling the team. He thinks he owns the team. empty head.

2. Maunits says:

I do agree, Kananji is good coach but who appointed Ng’onamo. This guy has no truck record having played football. Just going to school of coaching is not enough. You need to be in the pitch the other day and school tops your vast experience in foot ball.

3. Whatnext says:

Stupidity is doing the same thing and expect a different result.Why Osman? How many times? Whats better about Osman than Elijah and Edington? Pure madness.

4. Bush wa BK says:

I think in this camp there is someone who is bigger than the club and responsible for all madness and under performance of the club and this firing of coaches is just escape goat.

5. Aubrey Sumbuleta says:

I think the problem is bigger than the firing of coaches. The team lacks discipline. Unless you tell me that it is only the coaches who are responsible enough to bring the cited disciplinne. I am saying this because of what I witnessed this other day. It was on a Saturday afternoon when my friends and I were coming from Zomba where we went for a tombstone unveiling ceremony. On our way back we made a number of stopovers as ny friends were taking one too many along the way. Our final destination was a certain drinking spree at Khama, Machinjiri in Blantyre. It was a day before finals game in the Carlsberg Cup between Be Forward Wanderers and a certain team. Despite it being the big match for the Nomads, I found two senior players heavily drunk at the mentioned drinking joint. These are Joseph Kamwendo and Gift Zakazaka. My friends and I wondered and we thought they were not going to feature in the nest day big match. Surprisingly, Joseph Kamwendo was amongst the first eleven. This to me is tantamount to being referred to total indiscipline. A big match like that one these players ought to be in camp where they could be monitored so that no one misbehaves. Unfortunately, here in Malawi players are left in a free range style and they are free to booze, bonk and do all sorts of bad activities even on a day before a big match. With that I wonder if they can perform with a hang over in their bodies. So to me it’s the whole executive which is supposed to face the chop because as a unit they have failed the Lali Lubani Road fans. Bring in new and fresh minds that can instil the much needed discipline to the orange family. I rest my case.

6. jio says:

ANgonamo…!

7. Issa says:

How many times are you going to hire Osman? Kananji is you and you guys can make use of him especially if you could blend him with the likes of Bob. Recall Kananji because you guys will regret this action for ever. Kananji is an achiever guys. The entire executive should pave way for fresh minds at the club.

8. nGanGa says:

Honestly speakint, its more than 10 yrs now i still wonder y clubs more especially manoma n sometimes the national team stil employ Ng’onamo as a coach

9. Khwinda says:

Kananji yekhayo mwamulakwira

1. Angoni says:

Ndiye kuti mukangoluza ndi bullets muzingochotsa ma coach????? Kananji yekhayo ndiye muzamulira.

1. tchokotho says:

please please Nomads bring back Kananji if not fire all Technical patel otherwise we will match

1. Jonathan says:

Bring back Kananji, munapanga consult ndani Kananji is better than Yasin Osman, mukangotenga Osman season ino mupangidwa relegate team yayikulu ikamenya Master security league.

1. Unenesko Nguweni says:

You will regret ;you r shooting yourself in the foot.That was an emergency meeting ,done with emotion.You would have sat down with stakeholders look at the situation,find root-causes and identify and implement countermeasures,check their effectiveness and standardise them

2. gaddaf says:

stupid butao oyamba kuchoka unakakhala iweyo .kananji is a good coach .edington satha apit kma kananji anakasala guys ndimamufila