The Embassy of Malawi in Washington DC, USA would like to inform all Malawians resident in Atlanta, Georgia and surrounding states of Florida, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana that the immigration officer from the embassy will arrive in Atlanta, Georgia for the passport replacement process on October 11thand depart on October 17th2012.
All those who wish to have their passports replaced are requested to meet the officer in Atlanta at Comfort Inn, Buckhead North Conference Centre, 5793 Roswell Road Ne, Sandy Springs, Georgia 30328.
Kindly pass on the information to Malawians in the named areas and note that Passports shall be replaced regardless of the applicant’s status.Operational hours will be from 08.30 am to 05.00pm including Saturday and Sunday.
Applicants are reminded to bring the following with them:
- Current or expired Malawi passport.
- Two passport size photographs taken on a white background: size: 4.5 x 3.5 centimeters.
- Prescribed U$200 fee in Money Orders/ bank certified checks, Payable to “Malawi embassy”. (Cash will not be accepted.)
- Police report or certificate for lost passports
- Marriage certificate in the case of married women
- Birth certificates and copies of parents’ Malawi passports for children born in the US.
- Divorce or husband’s death certificate in the case of women who would like to change surname. Applicants are also reminded that children, regardless of age, are required to have their own Passports and should report in person to the Immigration Officer accompanied by their parents and legal guardians to have their fingerprints taken.
Legal guardians must provide authenticated proof of adoption or legal guardianship.
Any enquiries and confirmation of participation, please contact the Officer Mr. George Lamya on 202 290 5573/ 240 481 3733 or call the Embassy on 202 721 0270.Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :