Three killed after lightening strikes in Rumphi

Three people have been killed after lightening struck them in the northern region district of Rumphi on Friday.

Police Commissioner for the northern region through Mzuzu Police Public Relations Officer Maurice Chapola confirmed the development to Nyasa Times.

Chapola said the rainfall experienced in Bolero on Friday was characterized by heavy winds, thunders and lightening.

“At around 1500hrs lightening stroked on three members of Kasawabe village in the area of Traditional Authority Chikulamayembe in Rumphi District,” said Chapola. .

According to Chapola, the deceased, Ellen Zimba 40 years, Jasten Nyondo 50 years and Ellen Ngwira 21 all from the same area died instantly after being hit while Vinjero Gondwe 23, of the same area, is currently battling for his life at Bolero health centre following the impact of the lightening.

Meanwhile police is appealing to members of the general public to desist from the tendency of having shelter under long trees to avoid similar incidents.

25 thoughts on “Three killed after lightening strikes in Rumphi”

1. dopababi shopa says:

RIP

2. Redeemed says:

The last time I visited Malawi for a prolonged period, I met a fine young lady who was looking for domestic work, her look limited her chances of getting hired in this industry. she looked stressed and desparate for a job, we connected easely and I even visited her home, upon my arrival at her apartment, I was sticken my mind by the type of pieces of furniture she had stuffed in her tiny room in Mbayani, it was afternoon and the schools were knocking off, while we were chatting, two beautiful kids wearing fine clothes entered, they looked as though they were from a certain rich family probably from Namiwawa or Nyambadwe and happened to get lost in the mist of Mbayani, but to my suprise they were her children coming the near by primary school. I became very curious as to how she landed there.

Eventually she opened up to me and related her sad story, it was a sad story indeed which to date baffles me. Apparently she was married to a successful business man from North even though her family was totally against it. She and her husband moved to LL where they owned a beatiful home with everything one would ask for, her husband insisted that she be a house wife for the sake of their kid’s well being.

All was well up untill when one unsuspected night her husband introduced divorce topic, when she requested the reason, the response she got was that, it was for her own good, because his family was against their marriage from the begining, he loved her but felt that she had to protect her from his evil family. Apparently a member of her husband’s family threatened him with a thunderlighting, which she claimed to have been the cause of her husband’s mother, while he was at a tender age of four, forcing him (the husband) to grow up motherless.

In conclussion, the point I am trying to make here is: their is a high possibility of fore play with regards to this incident. Those with ears have heard.

3. Yobe boo says:

RIP

4. Poor Malawi says:

May God comfort the families of the deceased. May their souls RIP

5. Simie says:

Phepani chomene ine ngati mkweni uko Ku Bolero pamoza na wanyane wose… nkhuti mizimu yawo yiuse m’mtendere!! Chiuta wayikepo woko lake lituwa…amen!!

6. Kaliati says:

R.I.P.

7. nyau says:

Abwenu ayambapo ung’anga kuphunzirira pa anthu shupit

8. chinoko says:

RIEP

9. chishimba says:

Pepani banyithu uko ku Bolero Chauta wapukute misozi ya
    yinu,ause mumtende

10. Giling'ande says:

R.I.P

11. mwamtoma says:

MTSRIEP!

12. Kawamba says:

Mulungu odziwa kutothonza awatotha iwo amene ataya okondedwa pa ngoziyi. Mizimu yawo iutse mumtendere AMEN

13. Patriot says:

R.I.P

14. ble says:

May theis souls rest in peace