Kamwendo hopes for place at TP Mazembe

Malawi national team skipper Joseph Kamwendo said he is optimistic to get a regular starting lineup at DRC’s TP Mazembe after managing to push his way through to the star-studded team towards last season.

Flames captain Jose Kamwendo:-.Photo Jeromy Kadewere

Flames captain Jose Kamwendo:-.Photo Jeromy Kadewere

Kamwendo, who has scored four goals in 17 appearances, endured a difficult start to the season when he was offered a limited game time.

He said he was determined to improve his performance next season to uphold his place in the starting line-up.

“I have settled and adapted well at Mazembe and I will continue from where I left last season. I am looking forward to more game time next season as I am getting stronger every day. I think I will do better next season,” Kamwendo said.

The nimble footed player, who has played for a Danish club, CAPS United of Zimbabwe, Orlando Pirates of South Africa said struggled at the club because he was still adapting to the system.

“Playing for a new club is always difficult but now I know the system very well. I am ready to prove to point to Mazembe fans that I deserve to play for the team,” he said.

Mazembe has been seeded for the preliminary round alongside defending champions in in Confederation of African Football (CAF) Champions League this year and the Malawian is determined to inspire the team to victory.

Kamwendo joined TP Mazembe in 2013 from Mozambique’s top league side League Liga Mulcumana on a five-year deal.

15 thoughts on “Kamwendo hopes for place at TP Mazembe”

1. Hope Mtora says:

JK ndi more.

2. lili kutti says:

mukumunena kamwendo nanga inu pamoyo wanu ndiye mwachita chani? Munachinadapo mzungu?kkkkk

3. gibbon says:

I don’t thiink if Malawi will have a player of such calibre,a natural skillful talented player. All ther best Shakira.

4. Bibo says:

Shallow-minded player with no ambition,one of those foolish Malawian players who fear playing alongside azungu-the other one is Robert Ng’ambi.I like the attitude of Russell Mwafulirwa because he doesn’t believe in being cheap and playing in Africa.

Kamwendo shocked his followers in 2006 when he prematurely terminated his contract at Fc Nordsjaelland for a very stupid family reason.Had he remained in Denmark,he would have been a far better player and probably playing at the highest level in Europe,but oops! his ego eluded his progress.From Denmark to even playing in Mozambique,what a ridicule to Malawian football!

Ng’ambi has his own reasons for not trying new challenges in Europe.He seems to be happy at modest clubs in South Africa and yet he has what it takes to play in either France or Holand or Turkey and Portugal.I don’t know who his agent is but all I can say is that he has played enough in the Rainbow nation and needs to move on to a higher level before age catches up with him.

1. jk10 says:

Mukuti a Bibo kaya ndani I dnt care ,whr I was n Denmark Mazembe z better so mind ur business bro.i kno nsanje ndi imene imakula kwanthu kuno koma to tel u the truth wachepa ase size yakana,google Mazembe uzasiya mwano wakowo..

2. tchalosi says:

Bwana Bibo have you seen Russell of late? Ndiye bolaso ma player amene mukuwanyozawo they r doing better both in field and economically. With our FIFA ranking it’s not easy kupeza deal yabwino kwazungu bwana. You can be surprised kuti these players are earning more than what Russel was earning kwazunguko. Osamangogomela chilichotse popeza chazungu learn to do some research.

5. Maxwell Imwa says:

Fantastic captain jk

6. Yetson Nkhoma says:

All the best Josee work harder!!

7. The only flames long serving player at moment,even bucaneer fans cal hm shakira and the only foreign player who served as a captain pirates.ndikunena za orlando pirates pano pa R.S.A.HEdeserves a BIG hand.

8. Yankees says:

Ukhala wekha wapita patali mphwanga anzako kuno kutchuka ndikuchinda basi, proove them that U can do better, anzako kuno akulimbikila kumenya nawo CAF aim, mwina ena akhonza kuwagulako mwina pa Mozambique pompa apa.

9. chaona mzako says:

TP MAZEMBA IS ALSO CALLED TP MA ZAMBIAN BY FANS BCOZ IT HAS ALOT ZAMBIAN IN THE TEAM. SO MY BRO FOR U TO HAVE A FIRST TEAM.SELECTION, OFF SET ONE.GIVEN.SINGULUMA. OR KALABA. KALABA IS THE THINK.TANK AND ENGINE ROOM.AT TP MAZAMBIAN.

10. ujeni says:

From Danish professional league to Zaire league, sikupusa timanena uku. Malawians are not smart

11. simutu uliose uyenela kumeta mohoh komaso sikhutu lililose liyenela kuvala ndolo