Undule: Believe in yourself and your purpose

Life has given me an opportunity to interact with many people who have positively shaped my being. These are people with principles and abilities in themselves. In life you need mentors to build and make you believe in yourself.

Undule

Undule

I owe a lot to my parents and entire family, renowned intellectuals such as Prof Thandika Mkandawire, Uncle Prof David Rubadiri and Prof Mahmud Mamdani, my comrade Ollen Mwalubunju, my mentor in Christ Pastor Elijah Chisiza whom GOD sent to pick me from the world, my brother Gift Trapence for the protection of sexual minorities and numerous others, all these are a source of support and inspiration to my life.

I remember my days in exile with Ollen discussing how we could help in the liberation our nation from oppression. In those days though hoping against hope we strongly believed in the existence of the Center for Human Rights and Rehabilitation (CHRR) in a post Kamuzu Banda era. Thank God for making our dreams come to pass, the dreams of contributing to make Malawi a better place. Surely you will agree the relevancy of CHRR cannot be overshadowed, CHRR has made a mark and will continue for generations to come.

Let me confess that I have always admired this Godly man, Jesus Christ, Jesus always inspiresme for his values and nature of living, for standing for the voiceless and his sacrifice to save the world from evil. Jesus is my man, the defender of the vulnerable.

In my current spiritual living Jesus has taught me lessons that might help you believe in yourselves, as you pursue your dreams, my brethren:-

• Don’t be a loud mouth, let your actionsspeak for you. Purse your dreams no matter the cirmustances around you.
  • In achieving your dreams, don’t allow to be displaced by those trying to close your doors.
  • Stop asking for permission to achieve your dreams. You have a special inner strength to live your life, Seek only GODs voice.
  • Don’t stop standing for what you believe in even if you are persecuted or isolated.
  • Know you are own best friend, but sometimes it will seem like no one can understand you or give you support. Keep on moving, encourage yourself with Jesus Christ as your only friend.
  • Don’t compare yourself to others, run your own race, work on improving yourself. Be better than you were yesterday.
  • Overcome obstacles, stay focused don’t be distracted by your destiny robbers, work harder to protect you rdreams.
  • Don’t stay in situations that aren’t right for you. Don’t let your life become a place where you aren’t happy. Stay away from negative people, those frenemies (enemies who disguise as your friends) who are always tryto plan evil things against you. Delete them from your life, it is not a sin to do so.

If you are to succeed in this world you must seek GODs voice always. End by writing your own story and die empty!

• Undule Mwakasungula, the former director of Center for Human Rights and Rehabilitation (CHRR) and now a human rights columnist on Nyasa Times

12 thoughts on “Undule: Believe in yourself and your purpose”

1. clement says:

Am impressed with this article, keep it up Undule.

2. Gopaninji says:

Undule thinks we are stupid. He advocates mathanyula today, and he is on God’s pulpit tomorrow. Stupid black devil you are: whose main agenda is nothing but to be famous.

3. Jendayekha says:

Those who have ears have heard the words of wisdom, keep it up my man.

4. Dalitso says:

Words of encouragement, beautiful and thanks Undule.

5. Agnes says:

Undule you should truly turn to God, those who truly turned can not advocate homosexuality.

6. Kaka says:

Undule my man. You are aan inspiration too. You have had a mark on Malawi for standing for the disadvantaged amidst hostility from the powerful yet myopic as they think the majority or powerful own the world yet every individual is full in his own right as long as their dealings do not infring on other people’s rights. Jesus would not behave discriminately as most of the so-called Christians in Malawi today. He was friend of sinners, prostitutes, prisoners, the disabled, the widows, the orphans as he sought to bring them to God and not to kill or punish them

7. Chongolopiyo says:

Good piece of writing.

8. chithambo says:

I really inspired that you fear God

9. Believer says:

Thanks for the Good and encouraging words, Undule you need to consider writing a book to cover your issues, it will help many people. We always learn from others who have gone through life in different circumstances. God Bless you

10. Chiso says:

Powerful message there,,,,,i am inspired

11. rubadiri says:

Undule you are totally mad. You writing are in argument to each other.Really there are tag of war between your bulleted ideas expressed in the document. All your thinking is against God. One day the colour of your skin will be the same as the colour of your pyjama which you have put on and that will be the end of you. You ca not play double stands in the kingdom of True God.So if guys are allowed in our society they will keep fighting until their rights are fulfilled like wedding in churches. That is nonsense.

12. member says:

Mr Mwakasungula r u still supporting what u call minority rights when u r a born again i thought u will be helping ur friends to come out from these stupid activities. am vry sad with the remarks brother read leviticus 18:22 and 1Corinthians 6:9 plz