Bullets lose to Moyale: People’s Team make their worst Malawi TNM Super League start

Crowd pullers Nyasa Big Bullets  made a  miserable start to the 2017 TNM Super League campaign when they tested their first defeat in the this season at the hands of Moyale Barracks FC on Sunday at Mzuzu Stadium, their second match.

Disappointed Bullets players
Moyale Barracks win against Bullets

Having being held to a goalless draw by rockies Chitipa United at the same venue on  Saturday, Bullets were first to settle down against Moyale Barracks with their starting line up the same as the one that started with Chitipa United.

Veteran Fischer Kondowe’s shot four minutes into the game was ably dealt with by goalkeeper Simeon Harawa for Moyale Barracks.

Moyale Barracks were quick to put their house in order and three minutes later, left winger Chamveka Gwetsani broke through on the left and unleashed a thunderous shot from outside the 18 metre box, but goalkeeper Ernest Kakhobwe was equal to the task as he timely parried the ball away for a corner which bore no fruit for the Lions of Kaning’ina.

Henry Kabichi’s corner kick in the 11th minute found Muhammad Sulumba in the box, unmarked, but his header went completely off target.

Figures on the scoreboard changed in the 20th minute. Chamveka Gwetsani for Moyale Barracks stepped to take a corner from the right corner flag. His left footed drive into the box found defender Black Aliseni who made no mistake in nodding the ball into Bullets’ net, for the soldiers to lead 1 nil.

Bullets came close to cancelling the lead in the 31st minute when Mussa Manyenje’s header hit the upright.

Moyale were on top of Bullets for the rest of the time until referee Mavuto Msimuko blew for half time.

In the second half, the soldiers came with even more venom and won an important free kick just after 4 minutes, 35 metres away from the goal line. Brown Magaga’s hard and low drive was beautifully saved by Ernest Kakhobwe.

After 11 minutes into the second half, Bullets Burundian tactician Nswazurimo Rhamadan made a triple substitution. Defender Pilirani Zonda, midfieder Henry Kabichi and striker Muhammad Sulumba were pulled out and in went George Nyirenda, Cathbert Sineta and newly signed Davie Banda.

Moyale then resorted to high floating balls upfront, allowing Brown Magaga, Chamveka Gwetsani and Charles Chilemba to cause much havoc for the Bullets defence with their tireless runs from the wings and even in the middle.

Playing under intense pressure in the second half, the people’s team was committing more fouls; forcing referee Mavuto Msimuko to stop play now and then as he continuously awarded the soldiers free kicks. There was a lot of time wasting by the soldiers because every time they went down, they were making sure they run down the clock to their advantage.

After 90 minutes and four in the added time, it was Moyale Barracks 1 and Nyasa Big Bullets nil.

Coach Nswazurimo Rhammadan refused to speak to grant post-match interview.

But the winning coach Charles Kamanga said it was a tough game but his boys knew what they wanted and his game plan worked.

“I thank the players for the job well done. It wasn’t easy. Bullets are a big team but hard work has paid at the end of the day,” retorted Kamanga.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Sharing is caring!

Follow us in Twitter
Read previous post:
Bingu Stadium to host BB, Silver clash: Venues for Airtel Top 8 fixtures announced

Football Association of Malawi (FAM) has released dates and venues for first leg matches of the Airtel Top 8 competition...