By Jeden Chilikunzako, Nyasa Times
Bullets FC midfielder Douglas Chirambo has started training with the ‘Peoples team’ again after being barred from training last week.
Reports last week indicated that some top Mighty Wanderers officials approached Chirambo to join them in a tit-for-tat style as Bullets continue to target midfielder Henry Kabichi.
Bullets barred Chirambo from training and did pick him to Lilongwe last weekend for their central region assignments.
It was reported that Chirambo was seeking clearance to join the Nomads despite the transfer window being closed.
Wanderers officials were visiting Chirambo at his home to convince him to dump the Bullets as revenge for Kabichi’s sudden change of heart to join the Bullets only to change a week later.
But on Thursday the player was seen training with the rest of the squad at Kamba ground and looked focused on this weekend’s tricky encounter against Azam Tigers.
An official told Nyasa Times that Chirambo apologised to the team last week and is back for good.
“Wanderers just wanted to hit back looking at the Henry Kabichi saga but Douglas is back and he is our valuable assest,” he said.
Chirambo missed the team’s 1 – 0 victory over Silver Strikers and their 2 – 1 defeat at the hands of Epac FC.
Kabichi and goalkeeper Macdonald Harawa are at the centre of controversy despite the Football Association of Malawi’s decision that the players were illegally transfered to the Nomads and Tigers respectively.
Fam ruled that the players belong to Blackpool.Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :