Who wants to be a millionaire? National Lotteries Group (NLG) on Monday launched 2,000 betting centres across Malawi and also Lotto 6/36 and Scratch N’ win where a lucky winner scooped K10 million jackpot.
The launch of the jackpot which will create lottery millionaires took place at Ryalls Hotel in Blantyre.
Launching the lottery games, NLG Chief Executive Allen Cheng , disclosed that tickets for the lotto will be selling at K100 each.
Cheng said the games are not a luxury “but an economic boost as they create jobs and reduce poverty levels in the country.”
Tourism and Culture Minister Daniel Liwimbi, who was the guest of honour at the function, said government signed an agreement with NLG that five percent of their profits should be going to government “specifically towards the elevation of sports and culture.”
According to the minister, the company has pledged to increase the percentage from five to 10 percent next year.
The launch was also attended by the reigning Miss Malawi Faith Chibale who is the ambassador of the NLG and was accompanied by Zimbabwe’s Munya Chidzonga of the Big Brother fame and a star in The Gentleman film which was premiered in Malawi recently and also features Chibale.
Rule of lotto 6/36
1. Player should choose 6 numbers from possible of 36 for each single entry.
2. Depending on the availability, player may choose the play numbers by filling payslip or punch in the terminal.
3. Tickets sales of current draw and 60 minutes before the scheduled draw time.
4. Player should check with NLG designated channels to verify if the play numbers qualify for a prize.
5. All prizes must be claimed within 60 days after the draw.
6. No players under the age of 16 shall be permitted to buy ticket or entitled to prizes.Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :