The two soccer giants Mighty Wanderers and Silver Strikers can now afford a smile as the two sides have been given a nod to take part in the yet to be inaugurated Zambezi Challenge soccer cup.
Zambezi International Challenge Cup will be played at Civo Stadium between 15th and 16th February, 2014.
Operations Manager for the Organizing TopSports committee Kelving Moyo said the ban the two clubs were slapped with by the Super League of Malawi (Sulom) will not take effect since the competition falls in the [A-Match] category of more like being friendlies according to Fifa Statues.
“A –matches are classified as friendlies and teams are allowed to use up to six substitutes. According to our licence, ours is a pre-season tournament hence the two teams are eligible,” said Moyo.
He added that the latest Sulom verdict is very specific that Silver and Wanderers are banned from competitive games.
Mighty Wanderers and Silver Strikers were banned following a stampede which took place at Balaka Stadium few weeks ago which claim the life of one person while several others were injured.
Meanwhile, voting process for teams to take part in Zambezi Challenge which started Thursday last week is still underway.
Supporters are asked to vote for any of the 15 Super League Clubs of their choice. Mighty Wanderers, Big Bullets and Silver Strikers are currently leading.Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :