What must I do to be saved? Part 2

Man being eternally lost and helpless to save himself, needed a savior whereby sinful man could be made righteous. This has been accomplished when God provided His only Son to die on the Cross, thereby paying the terrible price which we could not pay.jesus bible

All that we need to obtain this glorious and wonderful gift of salvation is to simply believe on Christ, exactly as Paul said, which means to have faith in Him. There is completely no Salvation outside the cross as believing in something else is rejecting the sacrifice that was freely given to us.

Many people attempt to earn salvation in many ways other than accepting Christ or adding to it. Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourself: It is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. This actually means that the church cannot save you, and neither can water baptism save you, or anything of good works. While all these things are important in their own right, they have absolutely nothing to do with our salvation.

One can be saved even without being in Church because after being saved, the desire to fellowship with other Christians in Church will automatically come which is what make all those that are saved to still end up in church, as we need people that can encourage and help us grow in the things of God. A good example is the jailer who asked Paul “What must I do to be saved”. He was not in church at that moment but in jail yet at that moment he believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, and was instantly saved and this included all his family members.

If you are reading this, and have not yet given your heart and life to Jesus Christ, It is the time that you do so by just saying these words loud from your heart:

“Dear God in Heaven, I come to you today as a lost sinner; I am asking you that you save my soul and cleanse me from all sin. I realize in my heart my need of salvation, which can only come through Jesus Christ. I am accepting Christ into my heart and what He did on the cross in order to purchase my redemption. I confess with my mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in my heart that God has raised Him from the dead. You have said in your word which cannot lie, for whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved. I have called upon your name and I believe that right now, I am saved.

If you have sincerely said these words, and believe in your heart upon the Lord Jesus Christ, you are at this moment saved, and your name is written in the Lamb’s book of life. Congratulations!

19 thoughts on “What must I do to be saved? Part 2”

1. Bible Student says:

Bwatiko, why do you say the relationship can never be broken? The bible states in I John 3:4-9 that whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin. That’s why Christ died is to save you from a sinful life. When you sin you separate yourself from your relationship with Christ. Matthew 1:21 says Christ came to save people from their sin. Titus 2:11-12 states that we are to deny ungodliness and to live righteous. Romans 6:1-2 says God forbid that you continue to sin. Sin separates man from God. For the wages of sin is death. Every sin committed separates you from going to Heaven.

2. Shadreck Ulaya says:

True, just believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and what he accomplished on the cross, but even the ability to believe in him is not of us but given by God himself, there is nothing we contribute in our salvation apart from our sins, we don’t even make Jesus the LORD because he is the LORD even without us making him LORD, that’s why the apostle Paul said that “We are saved by grace alone” AMEN

3. Half mad Youth says:

AMEN!!!

4. Bwatiko says:

I’m sure the writer has clearly indicated that one has to believe on the Lord Jesus to be saved. The person has to admit that he is a sinner and can’t save himself. A prayer there is just a guide NOT that one can be saved only by saying/ repeating that without having Faith in Christ. The writer has said works, baptism or whatever can’t save us even church NO. Salvation is in the Person Christ Himself. That finished work on the cross Jesus did it for our redemption. After you believe and saved God gives you a new life called Eternal Life as a gift to you through the Lord Jesus Christ Rom 6:23. You can’t work to earn this Eternal life but Believing in Christ. God gives the Holy Spirit to a saved person to live in him Eph 1:13-14 and John 14. You become a child of God after you are saved a strong relationship and fellowship. Relationship can NEVER be broken but fellowship yes. Fellowship can be broken because we still have the old sinful nature in a believer’s life. That’s why a believer also sins sometimes. Nobody here can say he has never ever sinned since he/she was saved, kulibe. God knows exactly how discipline His children (believers) when they sin. His discipline is full of love. Salvation is for FREE! For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes on Him shall have eternal life.

5. Half mad Youth says:

Well done Cindy! Salvation comes through faith in Christ Jesus and after being saved, we ought to work out on our daily relationship with HIM because Christianity is a Relationship!!!

6. Eye Witness says:

Cindy khumalo you are a fool. All that is said and done, but don’t think you can prescribe peoples salvation. Its individualized. You want people to believe and say the words you have prescribed? Never!! Don’t put us in bondage of your thinking, but let us be free to express our minds and repent our sins in our own way. Your thinking has tainted the notion of born again in Malawi. When people you believe are sinners come to your churches you force them to repeat the words are you and in the end you accord them the born again status. And religion is more of brainwashing unsuspecting followers. Cindy you are in to brainwash some unsuspecting individuals here. Stop it.

7. jo says:

Salvation is by grace. The moment you confess those words of salvation, the Holy Spirit helps to live righyt. The want to do evil vanishes & you really becomes a new creature. Not that you should stop doing evil before you are saved, that is a lie!

8. WAMISALA says:

My father who at in heaven
    Hallowed be thy name.
    Son of the living God.
    Son of David
    Have mercy on me
    Right now
    NOT Tommorrow
    I know am a sinner
    May you forgive my sins
    And Remember them NO more
    Like what you did with my fellow sinner
    On the cross
    Remember me in thy kingdom
    From my heart
    I PRAY .
    AMEN .

9. Mbiri says:

Very true and wise words from The Analyst. While most of what Cindy has written is true,I see her article as incomplete and therefore misleading, commonplace in most churches these days. You see members of the clergy leading the flock in God-forbidden practices like divorcing and abandoning their spouses. These and other such practices should not be overlooked in the church. The CCAP church at least tries but these other churches are more concerned with numbers and money.

1. The Analyst says:

Very true Mbiri. The animal spirits of money and numbers have overtaken today’s churches’ traditional role of offering salvation. Sad!

10. kkk says:

Cindy did not say that its just the saying of words and continue to do bad things. God is looking for yielding vessels so if a person want to get close to God with their heart to Jesus Christ, God will change them completely.

11. Kkk says:

The analyst, I don’t think the writer is saying only saying the words is important. I believe she is saying what is required is to believe. One cannot say the words without believing. It is after believing that God starts changing them. You cannot expect a new born again to completely change overnite. It’s a process.

1. The Analyst says:

You may be right Kkk but the impression you get from the conclusion of the article is that by saying the words, you are home and dry. Nonetheless, how we act after the words is just as important as saying the words. The two must complement each other. And this, Cindy did not say anywhere in the article. In fact if you see how Cindy is interpreting the quoted verse in paragraph 3, you will get an impression that how one acts is not even important. Then went on (in the conclusion that only the words would grant one salvation); which, in my opinion may not be true.

12. Malipeya says:

I wish to thank Nyasatimes for providing space for this article. I know many may not read but this is what we also need apart from the social and political issue. God bless you Khumalo. I wish to agree with the Analyst that after accepting Jesus as Lord and our personnal saviour we need to take a step further to stop sin in our lives and associate with those that are mature spiritually. In most cases the enemy may be on us to force our return to old life. CHRIST JESUS forgive me i am a sinner, let your word take root in my life and leads my feet. Glory be to God.

1. The Analyst says:

Amen!

13. Kenkkk says:

Yes amen. Salvation come by believing in Jesus, words and good action.

1. The Analyst says:

Very true Kenkkk

14. The Analyst says:

Come on Cindy! Let us not cheat one another. Salvation goes beyond a mere saying of words. You and I know that one can’t be saved just by saying the words you have prescribed while he/she continues to do his/her old ways of whoring, thieving, adultery and stuff. How may pastors carry the name of God on their lips yet they act the devil? How many people have become prophets and continue to swindle people in the name of God’s words? Salvation goes beyond mere utterance of words, I believe.

In fact if salvation were to be attained either by words only or actions only; actions would save one, more than words.

Putting it into perspective, one can say none of the words you have prescribed and act well before God and be saved. On the other hand, one can say the words but act badly before God and thus not be saved.

As such, you could have concluded this writing by saying that having said the words, one has to act the words. And ultimately salvation will come knocking on his/her door. Otherwise, salvation cant come just by words.