Accident fire burns two houses in Blantyre

At least two houses have been burnt by accidental fire in Chilomoni and Ndirande townships where property worthy undisclosed amount of money has been destroyed.

On Wednesday September 5, 2018 at about 1400 hours, as reported by Matthews Mdedza 23 of Masanjala village traditional authority Kadewere in Chiradzulu, fire emerged from a cooker.

Mdedza who had come to visit his relation Focus Sikaloka in Namiwawa residential area, was preparing some food in the kitchen.

He was however interrupted by a need to answer nature’s call. He left a pan on cooker.

On his way back a few minutes later, he found the cooker up in flames. The fire further caught up with the ceiling within the kitchen.

He shouted for help and wellwishers rushed to help put off the fire.

No injury to people was registered and so far value of the damaged property not yet established.

In another incident, household property such as plasma television screen, fridge, sofa set, clothing and beddings have been destroyed by fire in Ndirande on Thursday morning September 6, 2018.

According to a house servant Samuel Boyisi 34, of Nthache village traditional authority Nthache in Mwanza who stays at Mtambalika village T/A Kapeni in Blantyre, the accidental fire started at around 0300 hours in one of the rooms in the house whose owner Mr. Thomson Mchera 31 of Mtambalika village was away.

Efforts to prevent the fire from destroying property proved futile.

Value of the destroyed property not yet advised.

Meanwhile, the police both at Chilomoni and Ndirande sub police stations are working on establishing the causes of these fire incidents.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Sharing is caring!

Follow us in Twitter
Read previous post:
JB backs Chilima on Malawi vice president status change

Malawi’s immediate past president Joyce Banda has thrown her weight behind vice president Saulos Chilima’s suggestion to give more powers...