Bullets FC will appeal against Super League of Malawi (Sulom) penalties after they were found guilty of inciting violence during the controversial league game loss against Epac on Sunday at Silver Stadium.
Kondie Msungama, Bullets chairman, said they would appeal against the stiff punishnment which encompass a total K1,250,000 fine, meeting costs of repairing an Epac team bus and banning of three of their fans, Isaac Jomo Osman.
Msungama was reacting to Jomo allegations levelled against Bullets that that he had reliable information that the club had influenced Sulom to ban him one year.
The other Lilongwe based supporters Alex Mwale and Robert Nyasulu were also banned not to watch both league and cup games for two years.
Bullets slapped an indefinite ban on Jomo last week on allegations of gross indiscipline.
“This is not true that Bullets had approached Sulom to ban Jomo for one because we are appealing against the verdict and in the appeal we will also include the issues of our three supporters who have banned,” Msungama said.
“We will appeal as the whole team and these are our supporters who need our protection as well from the punishment.”
Bullets were fined K450,000 for disrupting the game by throwing pitch stones and bottles in the pitch, K450,000 for inciting violence while another K300,000 for failing to control their supporters Mwale and Nyasulu who snatched an assistant referee flag and players cards.
Sulom also fined Epac K350,000 for failing to control their supporters and the referee Roy Williams was also found guilty of incompetency which caused the fans to riot.Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :