Education activist welcomes the re-opening of Mzuzu University

Education activist Limbani Nsapato has welcomed the end of an impasse between staff and management of Mzuzu University which will lead to the subsequent opening of the public university.

Limbani Elia Nsapato: Welcome development

Nsapato said the move was a very welcome development.

“This means the intelligent students will now be back in class,” says Nsapat.

The staff have reluctantly received a 10 per cent salary increase.

An agreement signed by both the support staff and academic staff say the staff will now go back to work.

The university has been closed for months following the salary impasse.

This means the Polytechnic remains the longest closed public university.

The students the college, the constituent college of the University of Malawi are rejecting a fee hike by K100000.

12 thoughts on “Education activist welcomes the re-opening of Mzuzu University”

1. Chintemwende says:

Koma Luke Mwale watchuka zedi. Amatani ameneyo???

2. Harawara says:

Omwale be courageous. Those are evil tribal forces against you. I trust you will survive. Don’t give up. I too taught at UNIMA and I know how dark forces can work against successful and effective people. I know you are a no nonse educationist. What you read above are features of cowards. They stab you at the back because they can not face you. Next I visit Mzuni I would be happy to meet and encourage

Mwale

3. kamadalakamadala says:

avubwa inu was Mzuni closed because of the so called Luke? Mumamuopa eti. Takambani zoti mwana wanga amalize xul apa.

4. Chindere says:

Kodi a Nsapatowa sanenanso kuti intelligent students FROM THE NORTH???? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Wasambira sono!!!

5. Luke Mwale says:

Dont worry no need for some one to tell to check this so called nyasatimes of yours, ana mwachepa am still around and no one can kick me out, its time now you see the lil LUKE MWALE Mzuni is mine

6. Rose says:

Zimakape ma staff member apa Mzuni. You have set a bad precedence. You are uselees. You. cant demand 35% and accept 10% then you did not know what you were demanding. It means your demands were unrealistic. Mukuopa chiani. Boma lili. ndi ndalama.. It could have given you at least 20% if had persisted. You spent all these months and you went to court and you had a series of meetings ku lilongwe ku mzuzu basi 10% zitsiru.
    About Luke Mwale, be professional and ethical. Why do you wash your dirty linen in the public . why do you fear Luke Mwale. Confront him. Tell him that his gossiping like a lady is really stupid. At Mzuni, aren’t there channels to report him and disciplines him. My investigation has revealed that Luke Mwale started backbiting the moment he arrived. He has been leaking sensitive information to people and the public and yet the management still trusts him because he is too talkative. Even the issue of salary, you have shot yourself because of Luke Mwale. Samafunira anzake zabwino. He is adamant and rough. I also hear that he is a wife batterer. He beats his wife and one day he broke her limbs and ananamizira kuti anaterera ku bafa.

Kukonda kunyenga ana a sukulu ameneyu. Chabwino amatipatsa magrredi abwino

So remove him from all positions. Write a letter to Registrar, VC and Chair of council about his indiscipline.

7. Happy student says:

Kkkkkkkk, paja Lecturer Harawa watiuza kale kuti ife ma students tibwera pompano moti pano Management ili ku Mangochi. Koma ma lecturer achimuna ndinu osusuka kwambiri.
    But we are happy we are coming back; big up Dr Ridly and if the comment written above is true, then I say Thumbs Down Luke Mwale.

8. Mphondo Zagadabuka says:

Luka koma wamva nkhaniyi?

9. Concerned Member of staff at MZUNI says:

Good news but be aware of rotten behaviour or Luke Mwale.
    Thank God, MZUNI is reopening. I love Dr Ridly and I want his contract to be renewed but now he should take note of the following:
    Avoid acting decisions that have been made by Committees such as on promotions and staff development; just endorse to avoid being seen you are arrogant;
    Avoid racist actions in meetings; listed to us and reason with us as individuals and owners of the university
    In previous comments, people commented a lot about Luke Mwale, let me also comment because this guy sucks big time. In fact, details have emerged that he is the one who convinced the Promotions Committed not to promote me to the post of Senior Lecturer.
    Avoid being cheated by people like Luke Mwale; they have baldy destroyed your reputation because such people go around campus telling people things that you have not said.
    People whom you think are close to you are the ones destroying you image. For example people like Luke Mwale are busy telling people in Town that you are married to A PP MP (Madame Nyalonje) and that it’s good to have a VC who has support from the DPP Government. Please, VC try to be as neutral as possible; if I were you I would ban people like Luke Mwale from coming from your office. Trust me, Luke is a thorn in fresh, he is a man MZUNI community should avoid at all cost. Each time he talks to me as fellow Dean he will say wait, “The VC is calling me, what business do you do with this failed project and fake spy such you call him each and every hour?”
    Whenever there are interviews, promotions and other meetings requiring privacy, make sure Luke Mwale is not present; otherwise he will leak all the information and people will surely blame you.
    Every Mzuni I have read on Nyasatimes, people have all complained about the rotten behaviour of Luke Mwale, it means this guy has a big problem and he needs prayers or he needs counselling.
    Finally, I don’t have any problem with Jedegwa and Ridly contracts being renewed but will the VC ever stop listening to lies by people like Luke Mwale?

I rest my case.

10. Concerned Member of staff at MZUNI says:

Good news but be aware of rotten behaviour or Luke Mwale.

I rest my case.

1. Mzuni Admini says:

Can someone pass this information to Luke Mwale, does he read Nyasatimes or not? I know Professor Singini reads Nyasatimes, can you pass this information to Luke? You are the Chair of Deans, it looks something is wrong with this fellow Dean of yours. May you sit down with him please. He needs to grow and start behaving in a mature way.

Thanks

Mzuni member of staff

2. Senior Lecturer says:

Luke Mwale or atafa kumaliro ake sindingapite; instead I can be enjoying a glass of Wine in my office for the first time. Luke, do you remember that day I told you are a shame to the teaching profession when you told me you also did education? And I hear your Department is relocating to the Faculty of Science, I do not have any problem with that but you as an individual, ndiwe munthu oyipa kwambiri.