Fire destroys Kunowa cooking oil facility in Karonga

A major fire broke out in a cooking oil manufacturing house in Karonga on Friday, police have confirmed.

According to Karonga police deputy spokesperson George Mlewa,  property worthy millions of have been damaged at the Kunowa company is situated within Karonga old town area, opposite to National Bank old building.

Cause of the fire is yet to established but the law enforcers have launched an investigation.

Nobody one was injured in the accident.

The blaze was brought under control after more than three hours.

The company which started in 2017, is owned by one of the district renowned business man  John Sichilima.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Please share this Article if you like Email This Post Email This Post

More From the World

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Zachamba
Guest

Nthawi ya DPP fire is a solution to maizegate.

wpDiscuz

More From Nyasatimes