Ginnery Corner factory: Electrical fault caused blaze

The Fire that which gutted and completely destroyed Skin Care factory, Enshani Products at Ginnery Corner in Blantyre was caused by an electrical fault, Blantyre City Fire Brigade has said.

Ginnery Corner fire
Ginnery Corner fire

Fire Brigade said it was believed the fire started due to an “electric fault in the factory”.

However, the fire Brigade said it will still make thorough investigations on the matter.

The fire brigade rushed to the scene an hour late, when the fire had already caused a lot of damage, completely destroying the building.

They said the fire was not started deliberately as claimed by some.

Officials are yet to state  how much property has been lost in the accident.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Sharing is caring!

Follow us in Twitter
18 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Phodos
Phodos
6 years ago

0This is a great loss to Malawi. Utsiru wa amwenye ndalama amasunganso ku ofesi osati ku bank. Kwapsa mamitala amaluvera kumeneko basi.

OGA MUST HEAR THIS
OGA MUST HEAR THIS
6 years ago

Kapani yozimisa moto yoziwika ndi fireburning kuno ku BT ya nenetsa pa radio ZBS kuti alibe ndalama iliyose kukachiti zinthu ngati izi amaka pepha ndala zama futa kumisika or kuma office amu BT siku zachitikalo kuti akhulupilile and zimagalimoto zao ndizo ola amakhalila ku pusha the whole day nde boma lichite kanthu.

mwene
6 years ago

Our fire brigade is a big joke!!!! How can old men in their Fifties and Sixties fight Fire???? This is a job for the young energetic people!!! PLEASE RETIRE ALL THESE OLD PEOPLE!!!! There are a lot of youths that are Unemployed, recruit these young men and they will perform!!!!!

Albert
Albert
6 years ago

Fires caused by electrical faults or cemmicals require carbon foam materials to put them off not just water. 14 tins of carbon foam materials were used at this fire but the tins were not adequate. Carbon foam is very expensive and it is proper for chemical companies to stock it as a precautionary measure but also as a bylaw . Coupled with poor electrical wiring , lack of carbon iis always a recipe for disaster in such situations.

God's Favour Ministries.
God's Favour Ministries.
6 years ago

the company is just a ghost company iam 40yrs now,but idont remember when and where did they rescued something from fire,they are daylight robers.

LAWRENCE
LAWRENCE
6 years ago

Ndizodabwisa kuti nthawi yonseyi ozimisa motowo amatani kapena amagona?

Tatyata
Tatyata
6 years ago

Anthuwa amathamangira koti akotoleko katundu kaye asanathire madzi

citizen
6 years ago

thise pple called them self fire brigades they r nt enfective. zats y amagendedwa kundirande. failin put out fire near by company? fortunatly company siyamunthu okuda.

gerald
gerald
6 years ago

the Chief executive officer of BT fire brigade must resign.this is a shameful act.

chris
chris
6 years ago

Amasewela bawo, panali betchi ndiye they had to wait till the game was over..u have to understand

Read previous post:
‘Red Star’ campaign needs enforcement laws -Surveyors Institute of Malawi

In light of President Peter Mutharika’s recent call for the demolition or rehabilitation of buildings that are in dilapidated state,...

Close