Football Association of Malawi (FAM) president Mc Millan Walter Nyamilandu has clarified that they hve not pulled out of qualifying for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco.
Nyamilandu was quoted in the The Nation newspaper, saying “we have no choice but to forgo the Nations Cup because government advised us to prioritise”, adding that a lack of funds had forced the decision.
And it was understood that the Malawi government had told FAM there was only enough money for the team to participate in either qualification for the 2015 Nations Cup or the 2015 Africa Youth Championship.
However, on Wednesday Nyamilandu clarified that Malawi has not pulled out and the FA is still in discussions with the Malawi government over our participation in both competitions.
Nyamilandi said FAM is “hunting for a sponsor” for the Flames.
On why he said about pulling out of AFCO, Nyamilandu said it was due to “misunderstanding” because FAM had been asked to prioritise the teams.Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :