Malawi pair plan UK’s X-factor return

Malawian couple – The Duo – which received unanimous thumbs down by the four judges on UK’s popular television singing talent show, plan return to the show next year.

Liverpool based security guard Goodson Saiwala, 36, and wife Charity, 33, failed to book their slot for bootcamp when the judges rejected them during the auditions televised on ITV last Saturday night with their appalling rendition of Beyonce’s If I Were A Boy.

But the pair plans X-Factor return in 2012 edition.

Saiwala's: The Duo, we will be back next year

“We will come back next year,” Goodson told Nyasa Times on Monday evening.

He said the pair – which compared their act to Beyonce and Jay-Z  — was shocked with their tuneless performance.

However, he said they will work hard to prove a point that they have the x-factor.

“Yes our performance was not satisfactory. We could have done better. It didn’t go how we planned but we will keep practising very hard to improve our performance,” Goodson said.

“We will definitely seek a return to the show next year,” he added.

He said since their show on television, The Duo have been booked for a gig in Surrey.

“We are going to perform very well there,” he said.

The couple had been together for 12 years before getting married three years ago.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Please share this Article if you like Email This Post Email This Post

More From the World

More From Nyasatimes