Malawi Queens break camp, Cosana tournament cancelled

A set back to Malawi Queens, as the 2012 edition of  the Confederation of Southern African Netball Associations (COSANA) Senior Challenge  which was supposed to take place in Swaziland from September,9-13 has been called off.

Malawi Queens, who are the cup holders were supposed to leave Blantyre for Lilongwe today (Thursday, 06 September 2012) before connecting to Mbabane tomorrow via Kamuzu International Airport in Lilongwe.

However, Malawi Queens coach Griffin ‘Zagalo’ Saenda confirmed to Nyasa Timesthat they were told about the cancellation of the tournament at the eleventh hour.

Malawi Queens; Told last minute not to travel

“This is a sad development because we were geared for the tournament only being told at the eleventh hour when we were going to take our air tickets that the tournament had been cancelled,” said Saenda.

Saenda said the players have been training very hard for the games.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Please share this Article if you like Email This Post Email This Post

More From the World

More From Nyasatimes