Malawi President Peter Mutharika has made changes to his lean Cabinet in a surprise reshuffle to ensure service delivery and has fired the perceived most compentent minister, Henry Kumpalume who has been replaced by Atupele Muluzi as new minister of health.
Another causualty is Deputy Minister of Defence Vincent Ghambi, M.P who has been dropped.
Mutharika has also re-allocated some ministers and brought back Anna Kachikho as minister of lands and urban development.
The President has moved Francis Kasaila from the prominent post of Minister of Foreign fairs and Internal Security to be Ministers of Labours, Youth and Sports replacing Henry Mussa.
Mussa now becomes the Minister of Trade and Industry taking over from Joseph Mwanamvekha who has been appointed Minister of Agriculture , Water and Irrigation.
Dr Emmanuel Fabiano who was Minister of Education is now Foreign Affairs Minister.
At Education, President Mutharika has appointed Bright Msaka, moving him from Energy and Minibing where Aggrey Massi been appointed full minister a promotion from deputy minister of agriculture.
The President has also appointed Charles Mhango as new Attorney General replacing Kalekeni Kaphale who has returned to private practice after his contract expired on June 30.
Other minister have been maintanied. They include Goodall Gondwe at Finance; Kondwani Nakhumwa at Local Government; Jappie Mhango at Transport and Public works and Grace Chiumia at Home Affairs and Internal Security.
Also maintained is Justice Minister Samuel Tembenu and Information and Communication Technology (Nicholas Dausi).
Other two ministries that have also not changed faces are: Civic Education, Culture and Community Development (Cecilia Chazama); and Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare (Dr. Jean Kalilani).
With one Clement Mukumbwa deputizing Kalilani, Mutharika’s full cabinet remains at 20 including the President himself and his Vice, Saulos Chilima.
The cabinet changes were announced by Chief Secretray to government Lloyd Muhara.
The full list:
- President, Minister of Defence, Commander-in-chief: Arthur Peter Mutharika
- Vice President, Minister Responsible for Disaster Relief Management and Public Events: Saulos Klaus Chilima
- Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development: Goodall Gondwe
- Minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism: Henry Mussa
- Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare: Jean Kalilani
- Minister of Local Government and Rural Development: Kondwani Nankhumwa
- Minister of Health and Population: Atupele Muluzi
- Minister of Labour, Youth, Sports and Manpower Development: Francis Lazlo Kasaila
- Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development: Joseph Mwanamvekha
- Minister of Education, Science and Technology: Bright Msaka
- Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs: Samuel Batson Tembenu
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation: Emmanuel Fabiano
- Minister of Home Affairs and Internal Security: Grace Obama Chiumia
- Minister of Transport and Public Works: Jappie Chancy Mhango
- Minister of Information and Communications Technology: Nicholas Dausi
- Minister of Civic Education, Culture and Community Development: Cecilia Chazama
- Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining: Aggrey Masi
- Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development: Anna Kachikho
- Deputy Minister of Defence: Everton Chimulirenji
- Deputy Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare: Clement Mukumbwa
Attorney General: Charles MhangoFollow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :