* After Silver drop two points following goalless draw with Red Lions
* Mighty Wanderers third with 8 points away from both leaders
* Ntopwa, Mzuzu Warriors, Tigers FC precariously in the relegation zone
* Karonga United in 4th place, Ekwendeni Hammers on 5th
Silver Strikers dropped two points in the TNM Super League title race when they drew 0-0 with Red Lions on Saturday — giving Nyasa Big Bullets an advantage to catch up on 39 points apiece.
The Bullets beat Tigers FC 2-1 on Sunday but the Bankers maintain their lead on goal difference as from 18 games of 12 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses, they have a goal difference of 24 — 35 scored for and 11 conceded.
The Bullets have played one game more — 19 of 11 wins, 6 draws and 2 losses from which they scored 34, conceded 11 to have goal difference of 23.
The third title chasers are Mighty Wanderers, who are 8 points behind the two leaders with 31 points from 19 games of 8 wins, 7 draws and 4 losses from which they scored 25, conceded 15 for a goal difference of 10.
Wanderers also tie on points at 31 with Karonga United, who are on 4th place having a goal difference of 6 from 19 games of 9 wins, 4 draws, 6 losses from which they scored 25 and conceded 19.
The Nomads TN Stars 1-0 on Saturday while Karonga United beat Civil Service FC 1-0
On 5th with 30 points — 9 away from the two leaders — are Ekwendeni Hammers who beat Blue Eagles 3-2. From 19 games played so far, they have won 9, drew 3 and lost 7 from which they scored 27 and conceded 20.
Mzuzu Warriors are 15th also with points from equally 19 games of 3 wins, 5 draws and 12 losses from which they scored 13 and conceded 30 (-17) while Tigers FC anchor the table with 14 points from 18 games of 3 wins, 5 draws, 10 losses having scored 13 and conceded 23 (-10).
Meanwhile, Super League of Malawi (SULOM) has released tentative fixtures for this weekend though the Malawi national football team is expected to play an international friendly against Tanzania on Sunday June 13.
SULOM said depending on the final squad that Flames coach Meke Mwase would come up with to travel to Dar es Salaam, if a team would contribute more than three players for national duty, their matches will be rescheduled to midweek of next week.
On Saturday, June 12, the leaders Silver Strikers will be away to 11th-placed Kamuzu Barracks at Civo Stadium while Ntopwa FC (14th) will be up against Nyasa Big Bullets at Kamuzu Stadium.
10th-placed Red Lions will host Mighty Wanderers at Mpira Stadium on Sunday while 4th-placed Karonga United will be up against 13th-placed Chitipa United at Karonga Stadium also on Sunday.
Other games are: Mafco (7th) v Blue Eagles (12th) @ Chitowe and TN Stars (9th) v Civil Service FC (6th) @ Kasungu Stadium on Saturday.
On Sunday Ekwendeni Hammers date Tigers FC @ Mzuzu Stadium while Moyale are up against Tigers FC @ Mzuzu Stadium on Monday, June 14.
Last weekend full results with their scorers are:
* Ekwendeni Hammers 3 (Brian Phiri (2), Sammy Phiri) Blue Eagles 2 (Gaddie Chirwa, Micium Mhone) — Man of the Match Chawanangwa Gumbo
* Civil Service FC 0 Karonga United 1 (Crispin Mhangama)
* Mighty Wanderers 1 (Mischeck Botomani) TN Stars 0 — Man of the Match Blackson Koteyi
* Silver Strikers 0 Red Lions 0
* Moyale 0 Chitipa United 0 — Man of the Match George Chikolowa
* Nyasa Big Bullets 2 (Chimwemwe Idana, Hassan Kajoke) Tigers FC 1 (Precious Chipungu) — Man of the Match Chimwemwe Idana
* Ntopwa FC 1 (Kondwani Saizi) TN Stars 2 (Alfred Chizinga (2) — Man of the Match Alfred Chizinga
* Mzuzu Warriors 1 (Suzgo Mwakasinga) Chitipa United 1 (Alex Benson)
* Mafco 0 Karonga United 0
* Kamuzu Barracks 0 Red Lions 0Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :