Child dies after eating suspected poisoned pork

An eight-year-old child has died while six other people have been admitted to Embangweni mission hospital in Mzimba for eating suspected poisoned pork meat.

Pork with Nsima

Hospital director Kondwani Zgambo said the other five have since been discharged, saying only one remains in hospital.

He said all the patients were from one family.

Zgambo said efforts to take samples from the pork meat failed because the communities threw the meat in a pit latrine after the death of the child.

He however said the hospital has taken some samples from the stools of the patients for tests to establish the cause of the contamination.

Meat eating is banned in the area because of the outbreak of African Swine Fever, a pig disease.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Sharing is caring!

Follow us in Twitter
1 Comment
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Kangoma
Kangoma
2 years ago

Too bad,MHSRIEP

Read previous post:
Malawi Posts Corp staff salaries delay

Malawi Posts Corporation (MPC)  employees will have to wait a little longer before they get their October salaries. Director of...

Close