Electricity lines electrocutes boy, dies

A 15-year old boy has died in Mangochi after he was electrocuted by live electricity wires.

Malawi Police deputy spokesperson in Mangochi Amina Tepani Daudi has identified the victim as Ashraf Umali.

Daudi says the incident occurred on the evening of March 16, 2021 at Mtagaluka village, Traditional Authority Chowe in Mangochi.

It has been reported that, Ashraf climbed a tree at his compound  and accidentally touched  Escom live wires mounted near the tree.

The boy immediately fell off the tree after being shocked by the electric current.

He was rushed to Mangochi District Hospital where death was pronounced upon arrival.

Postmortem conducted at the same hospital has revealed that Ashraf died due to electrocution.

Meanwhile, Police in the district are appealing to the public to avoid playing or touching Escom wires in order to avoid such incidents.

Ashraf Umali hailed from Mtagaluka village, Traditional Authority Chowe in Mangochi.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Sharing is caring!

Follow us in Twitter
1 Comment
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Mtonga Mwana
Mtonga Mwana
4 months ago

May the soul of the boy rest in eternal peace. Very sad to the family and the nation as a whole.
However, I don’t understand why the boy climbed the tree at night because it means he was really high up in the tree chifukwa live wires sizidutsa munsi as per se. Komanso kuti nthambo za magetsi, live wires were mounted near the tree. Do bare live wires cross in someone’s compound or else i am missing something?

Read previous post:
Analyst tells Malawi Electoral Commission to deal with emerging political violence

A political analyst has told the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) to deal with the emerging political violence in Lower Shire...

Close