Moyale hold Bullets to a goalless draw: Malawi TNM Super League

Moyale Barracks on Saturday deservedly earned a creditable points  when the held Nyasa Big Bullets in a fiercely contested TNM Super League match at Mzuzu Stadium; a repeat of what exactly happened in Blantyre in the first round.

Moyale FC
Moyale FC

There was no early settling into the game by both teams despite wasted chances by Chiukepo Msowoya for Bullets and Gastin Simkonda for Moyale Barracks in the first ten minutes.

It was then amazing to notice that the two teams were now playing the same type of football, where balls were kicked directly from the back to the forwards making it difficult for the target men Chiukepo and Gastin to collect in the air and shoot at goal as they were both tightly marked on either side.

Bullets then started playing a passing game with man of the match Macpharen Mgwira, Davie Ng’ambi, Kondwani Kumwenda and Collins Nkhulambe giving bullets fans a lot to cheer but the finishing touch into the net was not to come.

Boyboy Chima for Moyale Barracks was equally outstanding in midfield, supplying important balls to Khuda Muyaba, Uchizi Mkunika and Gastin Simkonda but again, composure in the box in front of goal was a very big problem for the soldiers.

The second half was very tense and evenly balanced in terms of defending as well as attacking. Chiukepo Msowoya was pulled out for Muhammad Sulumba, Davie N’gambi for Fischer Kondowe while Diverson Mlozi went in to replace Collins Nkhulambe.

As for Moyale Barracks, fresh legs of Zondiwe Munthali were introduced to replace Uchizi Mkunika whose partnership with Gastin Simkonda proved futile.

Chances kept on being wasted and wasted as the two teams attacked each other fiercely until referee Misheck Juwa blew the last whistle with the scoreboard still reading 0-0, a repeat of what happened in the first round at the Kamuzu Stadium in Blantyre.

Defence pillar for Bullets Miracle Gabeya was red carded four minutes before the end of the game for furiously bouncing the ball in protest of the ref’s decision when he was already on a yellow.

“My boys were not composed in front of goal because we could have scored even three goals. But the team is becoming stronger and stronger when I compare our performance today with the previous two games,” explained Coach Collins Nkuna in a post match interview with Nyasa Times.

On his part, team manager for Nyasa Big Bullets, Rahim Ishmail, praised his charges for putting up a gallant fight away while admitting that hitting the target was also a problem for his team.

Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

Sharing is caring!

Follow us in Twitter
Read previous post:
K45mil Fisd Challenge Cup launched

The  K45 million FISD Challenge Cup has been launched with sponsors promising more from their company. Speaking during the launch...